how do i set up a painting area in a flat

thanks for the input @Nada, a carbon filter sounds like a good idea,
considering this is aimed at an indoor item I'd hope that nobody thinks that euro's would be able to be used..... !!
the box fans I looked at don't have the airflow, and I heard a theory that the blades are angled more for push than pull, (don't know if that's correct or not, but I considered it anyway) nor do they have the low dB rating of the PC fans I mentioned above. Personally 'white noise' does my head in, so the quieter the better.
apologies @SirSpider, I seem to have taken over your thread, hopefully you have some answers to your question LOL

thanks for the input @Nada, a carbon filter sounds like a good idea,
considering this is aimed at an indoor item I'd hope that nobody thinks that euro's would be able to be used..... !!
the box fans I looked at don't have the airflow, and I heard a theory that the blades are angled more for push than pull, (don't know if that's correct or not, but I considered it anyway) nor do they have the low dB rating of the PC fans I mentioned above. Personally 'white noise' does my head in, so the quieter the better.
apologies @SirSpider, I seem to have taken over your thread, hopefully you have some answers to your question LOL
Yes they are indeed better at pushing. A squirrel cage type motor would be more ideal. Looking at the plan im assuming the hocky table is meant to support the art work? Keeping the dust down and worrying over health are good things... i am going to get serious about building something. Haha i could go all crazy and if i ever get a garage i certainly will.

DISCLAIMER: the air hockey table is @RebelAir idea, so if you make a million bucks out of it you owe him a bottle of very old and dusty booze !!

Ohh and automotive electric raciator fan.... now thats low voltage and really moves the air!

and noisy !! lol
average price is between $90 - $125 for a thermo fan....

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: the air hockey table is @RebelAir idea, so if you make a million bucks out of it you owe him a bottle of very old and dusty booze !!

DISCLAIMER-Only if it works LOL...and yes some ciggies as well sounds good but stop encouraging me-trying to be a good boy :)..

"Looking at the plan im assuming the hocky table is meant to support the art work?" Nope but maybe a happy side effect LOL but it shld help increase suction. I did see a small kids size one in Aldi the other day for about $60 but wait till hard rubbish I think, may get lucky, seen em on the side of the road before LOL..ultimately it may not work but I think it could save some build time if it does..Same idea could be made essentially from a couple of bits of aluminium and lots of silicone but fans are prob the key..The computer fans may be fine for flow but suction may be an issue realistically but some experimenting I'm sure would sort it, worse comes to worse...Buy One LOL...but be interesting to see what ya's come up with :) i gotta buy meself some spare parts and fix some airbrushes before one will be needed :)

The computer fans may be fine for flow but suction may be an issue realistically but some experimenting I'm sure would sort it, worse comes to worse...Buy One LOL...but be interesting to see what ya's come up with :) i gotta buy meself some spare parts and fix some airbrushes before one will be needed :)

the flow is over and above what is on the retail version, the suction should be sorted by the space and shaping behind the panel.....

Back