For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

How do i transfer this image

Discussion in 'What would you like to learn here?' started by Hmadhopper, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Hmadhopper

Hmadhopper Young Tutorling

20170315_153554.png Hey guys I'm painting my motorcycle and it's rootbeer Brown. This image I'm wanting to paint on the tank but just can't get a idea in my head on how to do it. Basically I'm wanting to paint the image gold back round with the black drawing then a coat or candy rootbeer over it. Seems to hard to stencil and I'm not sure the best route. Sorry about the bad pic I do have a better pic that's much more crisp but couldn't figure out how to post it.
    LovesArt likes this.
  2. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

I would probably draw it right onto the tank, or for ease you could trace it on with saral paper, then just free hand it, as its mostly line work. But yes black on gold with candy should look sweet.
  3. Hmadhopper

Awesome thanks I'll have to give that a try. As far as the gold I was thinking of cutting out the shape of it and making a stencil to get the gold down. Then I could use your idea of the saral paper over it. Do you think I should dust some intercoat clear on the gold to protect it while Doing the line work?
  4. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

You could do, then if you have any issues with the design, you can fix without damaging the gold. Just make sure its compatable with your final clear to avoid reactions. Depending on what paint you use it may not be necessary, but, couldn't hurt to protect it.
    Hmadhopper likes this.
  5. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

Yep, as Squishy said, I would just use tracing paper, and then transfer onto the gas tank itself
  6. Hmadhopper

I'm using house of kolor paint. Should I use a certain type of paint pen ?