how many hours per day

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
I know it is hard to answer this one, but approximately would do just fine. I seen your great work and to me it's like looking at my wildest dreams lol

I was just asking my self how long do you airbrush per day approximately and if you don't mind how many years would be a nice bonus :)

I just wanna get a sense how much determination is needed. :)

I know it is hard to answer this one, but approximately would do just fine. I seen your great work and to me it's like looking at my wildest dreams lol

I was just asking my self how long do you airbrush per day approximately and if you don't mind how many years would be a nice bonus :)

I just wanna get a sense how much determination is needed. :)
Hi, every night from 19h00 23h00 sometimes later with the exception of evenings when I work till 21h00 then I will AB from 22h00 to 24h00 weekends is usually busy but I push in a few hours on Sat after work @13hoo and Sundays after Church until late into the evening. I'm addicted to this new hobby and I absolutely love it!!

Hi, every night from 19h00 23h00 sometimes later with the exception of evenings when I work till 21h00 then I will AB from 22h00 to 24h00 weekends is usually busy but I push in a few hours on Sat after work @13hoo and Sundays after Church until late into the evening. I'm addicted to this new hobby and I absolutely love it!!
thanks, I see I need to up my airbrushing hours. I was suspecting I needed to put more hours in to it lol

thanks, I see I need to up my airbrushing hours. I was suspecting I needed to put more hours in to it lol
Well I been Arbrushing for 6 weeks now, and if you look at the improvement I made from my first picture to now only in 6 weeks then you can be assured I push the hours...., but they need to be constructive.... disciplined, dagger strokes dots line, etc etc etc, you need to practice the basics and master them, and have FUN! lots of fun, and you need to laugh at your mistakes, try again and again and .... again... I love it!!

Well I been Arbrushing for 6 weeks now, and if you look at the improvement I made from my first picture to now only in 6 weeks then you can be assured I push the hours...., but they need to be constructive.... disciplined, dagger strokes dots line, etc etc etc, you need to practice the basics and master them, and have FUN! lots of fun, and you need to laugh at your mistakes, try again and again and .... again... I love it!!

You so great work for 6 weeks! Wow

Not enough...
I started early 2012, got sidelined for 18 months due to health issues, tried again, got sidelined again !!
If I ignore the early battles it’s probably been 3-4 years of ‘proper’ airbrushing, I could probably total the hours actually painting to under 6 months. I work full time so weekends are the only time I can paint, occasionally family require me to spend time away from the brush :(.
So far this year I’ve managed 2 hours :laugh:

Don’t stress to much about the time spent with the brush, just make sure that the time you do spend is quality time

thanks guys for this info. It is very helpfull. I had bad december and january and on top of that I needed to put to a sleep my 13 year old dog on 9 of january. We had quite hard few years lately with his health. So my private life was kinda mess. I was attached to my dogs very much. So I started airbrushing to occupy my mind and I do enjoy it, but I wonder some times around my place what should I do like I need more ''life'' motivation. I called for huskies today :) I need some soul next to me lol I had husky and stafford, but I will go with one dog now. I am getting old lol
And cause of you guys I see I need to push more hours in airbrushing. I am gonna find some good music today and gonna start pushing up those hours. Thx for your input, I really appreciate it. This will help me.

I shoot for ay least 2 hours a day but some days I am lucky to get 1 in some times even less then that .
But the main thing is when starting out is to paint every day and much as you can ,and do not be afraid to try new things and take notes on your color mixes so you can remake them if needed.

great info from all of you guys. Had a little smoking break and coffee time right now.
I turned on:

And I was shooting mine: I am pretending it is an art lollollol

I've been doing this for about 3 years now,started by painting my fishing lures for something to do while my leg healed.(had to get ankle fused together on one leg) and I airbrush about 2-4 days a week painting about 2hours a sit then bring it up and watch tv while I work on the picture erasein ,scratching and fixing mistakes :D
Adding another hour or two there

I am glad I asked this question. It gave me totaly new perspective what to expect from my self on the amount of hours I invest in to airbrushing. Especially cause you guys keep posting beautyfull pieces. I could like all of your pictures and then I would be like some kinda freak of this forum. Going true all the topics of forum and liking all the stuff. lol

I started in about 1986 but have been drawing from earlier than that. I don't paint much, mostly due to a total lack of motivation but now i have a new job i have the excuse of not a lot of time as well.
I think once you have been painting for a while you sort of just pick up the airbrush and paint without thinking about it. You develop the muscle memory and can usually just pick up and paint. A bit like getting on a bike, you never forget, you are just a little rusty but the skill soon flows back. Just paint as much as you can, i can't say how much I painted for each day in the past. Sometimes a lot if i was really into something, then sometimes hardly at all. I still do a bit of warm up if its been a while which gets your memory back and makes sure the airbrush works ok.

Lee

Mentally i’m airbrushing 24hrs a day or thinking about some form of project but in reality maybe 2-4 hours a day.
I push for 30 hours a week around work when i’m having a good week........20 on a bad week.
I mix it up though, i work with graphite too which has been put on the back burner since I started airbrushing and i’m about to start a coloured pencil course!!!
No rest for the wicked lol

Back