How many old timers here?

Welcome aboard and as Mr.Micron said you don’t need a other Forum. If you need help you get help. If you need a shoulder to cry on well we offer the full service 🤣🤣

Yes there were a few before Facebook.
Facebook has its place but the info gets buried quickly and isn’t easy to find so you get 1,000‘s of people asking the same question every week.
at least here it’s organised - or at least we try and keep it organised :)
and yes, junk airbrushes will always be found, it’s just their name that changes

I won’t buy those cheap airbrushes for me they are a waste of money. Rather save a little while and get me one that I know I will enjoy using and last me A lifetime. The best about the forum it’s free and all members are helpful and we take care of one another. 👍👍👍

I won’t buy those cheap airbrushes for me they are a waste of money. Rather save a little while and get me one that I know I will enjoy using and last me A lifetime. The best about the forum it’s free and all members are helpful and we take care of one another. 👍👍👍
to be fair, the generics are a great into into airbrushing and can help you decide if you wish to continue and then upgrade the brush.
I started with a generic 'Veda' brush and knew I was hooked the second time I sprayed. I immediately bought an Eclipse and just before it arrived a week later (we don't get next day deliveries here in Australia) my generic had started playing up, turned out it had a split nozzle which I didn't realise.
I think many think its easy to put paint in an airbrush and create masterpieces, unfortunately the brush won't paint for you, you still need to train your inner artist :)

And yes, we look after everyone here.
Sometimes its helping newcomers
Sometimes its problem solving
Sometimes its just drooling over fellow members creations
Sometimes its helping others make informed choices for equipment
and
Sometimes we just need a laugh, so we have a thread for that.

The two things you won't find here are Ego's and Bullies :cool:

Welcome. Have you got any of your old work kicking around we can see? I love seeing what peoples creative minds come up with. An old t shirt or a picture of a truck or bike. You sound like you were into it in a big way there must be a photo or 2 floating about! I'm not an old timer but I hope to get there and be concidered as one one day!

There are a mix of experienced airbrush artists and younglings, you will be surprised by the art on here from any of the experience spectrum.

Go to the media section an take a look at what people have achieved and are proud to show us, its quite enlightening and great to see and see the progression.

Thank you all. At lease I know this forum is here. All I have left from that life is airbrushes and spray guns. Never was into pictures. T-shirts, I had a booth with work hanging up to pick from. Auto was word of mouth.

Take care

Back