How to be able to post pics in forum with smartphones?

D

Dragonsurfer

Hey guys I'm having a lot of trouble trying to post pics in the forum. I had tried taking pics at different resolutions and every time I try and upload it tells me that the pic's are too large. What I'm I doing wrong? How can I shrink the pic too be able to upload? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-19-07-09-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-19-07-09-15.png
    356.7 KB · Views: 14
Hey guys I'm having a lot of trouble trying to post pics in the forum. I had tried taking pics at different resolutions and every time I try and upload it tells me that the pic's are too large. What I'm I doing wrong? How can I shrink the pic too be able to upload? Thanks in advance.

Your pics need to be under 1 MB, you could try uploading your pics to an external source such as a google account or any other source that gives your pics an URL, once your pics have an URL you just need to copy and paste it and they should be automatically resized, if you have a Facebook account you can also copy the url from there, if you would also have to do it this way if you wanted to post an image into a PM (conversation).

While it dont make great photos i just set my smart phone to take 1mb pics. Thats usually how i upload most things. As a matter of fact i rarely use my computer

Your pics need to be under 1 MB, you could try uploading your pics to an external source such as a google account or any other source that gives your pics an URL, once your pics have an URL you just need to copy and paste it and they should be automatically resized, if you have a Facebook account you can also copy the url from there, if you would also have to do it this way if you wanted to post an image into a PM (conversation).

Thanks for the info I'll give it a try and see what I can get accomplish.

If you open the picture up in the paint program in windows you can resize it there then just hit save this will do the trick

He's doing it from a smart phone, I think they don't have Microsoft paint unless it's a windows phone;)

I post to Facebook then select save pic it always down sizes my images below 1mb when I download them. Plus this way they are already on facebook lol

If you have windows get IrfanView free program I use it for resizing making negatives and many other things. I like it cause it loads quick and can give ya basic functions fast.

If you have windows get IrfanView free program I use it for resizing making negatives and many other things. I like it cause it loads quick and can give ya basic functions fast.
I downloaded it too, now I'll try and figure it out. Lol.

To crop just start mouse hold down left button and drag. Then select crop. Find resize and you can set many options in it you can even do batch operations.

Back