For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

How to bookmark posts!

Discussion in 'Forum Ideas!' started by airbrushtutor, Jun 28, 2014.

?

Do you find this feature useful?

1. Yes

98.9%
  2. No

1.1%
  1. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

This feature allows people to save a collection of their favorite or perhaps most useful posts.
    This was a feature requested by @Oddball - he said he was having trouble losing stuff, that there was alot of good information on the forum, but no where to formally organise it.

How?

1. Every post displays the option to bookmark the thread on the lower right hand corner, next to the reply button. When i find a post that's meaningful to me, such as @ad fez 's thread on a DIY compressor, i look for the bookmark button and click it.
    bookmark.jpg

2. Once you click on the bookmark link, a pop-up menu will appear with various options. You should give the bookmark a meaningful title. In this case i call the bookmark 'Home made compressor'.
    Tag: Useful if you expect to have many bookmarks, you can easily search for them with a keyword of your choice, in this case i choose 'compressor'.
    The bookmark has been made public, so it can be found by anyone on my profile page under the 'bookmarks' tab.
    Sticky: This post will remain at the top of the list of bookmarks.
    bookmark1.jpg

2.5. Quick link option: A new tab appears on the forum main menu, which allows for easy access of bookmarks and the link is the title that you create for the bookmark!
    bookmark4.jpg

3. If you don't yet have any 'quick link' bookmarks, then the navigation tab won't yet appear. You can instead access your bookmarks by clicking on your username at the top right of the screen and clicking on the 'your bookmarks' button.
    bookmark2.jpg

4. This takes you to your bookmarks section, where you can edit and delete bookmarks or even use them for quick reference. Once you click on the bookmark, you also have the option to be taken to the entire thread. bookmark3.jpg

This little extra means that you can build up your own database of articles for quick reference. You can use the forums search function at the top right of the screen to look for meaningful posts and if you find them, then be sure to bookmark them!

If you come across a post that you think will be useful for future access, then I would advise that you go ahead and click 'bookmark'!

Just another way the orange airbrush forum is keeping one step ahead of the rest :sus::malicious: :p
  2. Oddball

Oddball Detail Decepticon!

Thanks Mitch, ripper ;)
    Kat Wolffpack and airbrushtutor like this.
  3. splasha

splasha Detail Decepticon!

This will be way cool!
    Makes finding and keeping stuff so much easier.
    Thanks, Mitch.
    airbrushtutor likes this.
  4. thorofasgard

thorofasgard Young Tutorling

Many thanks for this clear explanation.
  5. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod Artist of the Month!

Yet again Mitchypoos, you make this idiot proof, luckily for me :) Thanks a great big beautiful bunch! Though I'll probably have to bookmark this to remember how to bookmark LOLlol
  6. Kat Wolffpack

Kat Wolffpack Double Actioner

7. Cluck Kent

Cluck Kent Young Tutorling

Cool feature Mitch. Something that is missing off other forums !
  8. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Thanks mitch very useful now i have to go back and find all the things I want to bookmark