How to do the look of sand on the beach?

I'll put an example
If you need to make a beach like this.
Use the system described on the video, I do not use the clip but a sheet of vinyl, so the color flows evenly.
Painting with black and gray.
Move forward and behind the trigger so you will have drops of different diameters, and play with the psi to have different transparencies.
When you have finished constructing a simple stencil:
uncork a sheet of paper to create the lines of rippling sand, and spray the white fade.
once made ​​the lines, with black creates shadows and you're done.

View attachment 16546

Thanks so much for posting this. As I said in my PM to you I have looked at a lot of work but yours is head and shoulders above the rest, especially on sand and water scenes. I'll give it a try soon when I tackle that pesky underwater vampire skull....

I've never had much luck with the ice lolly (popsicle) stick method, I turn down the pressure and kink my air hose.

I'll put an example
If you need to make a beach like this.
Use the system described on the video, I do not use the clip but a sheet of vinyl, so the color flows evenly.
Painting with black and gray.
Move forward and behind the trigger so you will have drops of different diameters, and play with the psi to have different transparencies.
When you have finished constructing a simple stencil:
uncork a sheet of paper to create the lines of rippling sand, and spray the white fade.
once made ​​the lines, with black creates shadows and you're done.

View attachment 16546

Is that a photograph of the beach or your artwork? If it is your artwork ... amazing!
That without so many ripples (as it will be inside shells) is exactly what I am shooting for.
Love to see a higher resolution to see the detail of how you did it!
Steve

Is that a photograph of the beach or your artwork? If it is your artwork ... amazing!
That without so many ripples (as it will be inside shells) is exactly what I am shooting for.
Love to see a higher resolution to see the detail of how you did it!
Steve
is not my work, is an example.
I do with this technique of imitation marble of false copyright;)
The technique is the same but the colors of the marbles are different.
The beaches that I have done in my drawings are mostly of pebble and rock, to which you must do to make them enhance the shadows from the bottom.
I the design one by one, sometimes mascere use of improvised, and the rest is freehand, point by point.
boring but effective.

lower the presure of your ab to get a stipling efect or if you have the infinity or any h&s ab get the spatter cap or if that dont work dip a tooth brush in some paint and flick it off

iv been extreemly buisy and as soon as i get a chance il try to do some sand with the infinity .4 and spater cap and post pics here

is not my work, is an example.
I do with this technique of imitation marble of false copyright;)
The technique is the same but the colors of the marbles are different.
The beaches that I have done in my drawings are mostly of pebble and rock, to which you must do to make them enhance the shadows from the bottom.
I the design one by one, sometimes mascere use of improvised, and the rest is freehand, point by point.
boring but effective.

That is discouraging! Why even post something that is not your work? I already have actual phots of the beach for examples.

That is discouraging! Why even post something that is not your work? I already have actual phots of the beach for examples.

Well brother, armed with patience.
I posted my design and I explained how to do it.
I explained how to take the example of why I would do so and I will surely be all right if I do.
I can definitely make designs that do not serve me, but for me it is better to understand the right technique.
I think that if parts already discouraged you will never make progress, you have to make thousands of tests if you want to learn how to airbrush well, especially if you've never drawn with other techniques and you have no artistic studies.
If I had made ​​this piece for you would not change anything if you do not try to do it sbsgliando and then wrong again, until you are perfect. And 'This is the right mindset to tackle a problem.
To try new styles of airbrushing I spend hundreds of hours in technical tests repeatedly wrong, but in doing so have improved by 100% in just one year.

The easiest way for sand and stone textures I found is to reduce the airpresure to 0 and than turn it up bit by bit till you have the desired effect (verry convinient if you have a presure regulator on your airbrush or on the airbrushes quick release). With verry little presure there won't be enough presure to atomize the paint giving you the sand texture. The lower the presure the bigger the dots/splashes. The big advantage (for me) compared to the other methods is that this way the effect is always the same and gives you a bit more control.

Try a bit of white spatter in between the other colours. Look at real sand and there is real white highlights in between the sand. Not much but they are there. I also have a H&S infinity and you get a spatter cap that fits most of the H&S AB's

Here in Victoria, Australia, the beaches have a distinctly yellow-brown edge to them.
Recently I was in South Australia and was amazed at the crisp clean whiteness of it.
Totally different to what I was used to.
I guess you'll just have to experiment with the colour mix until you're satisfied with the end product.
As previously recommended, do test pieces.
See what works, then use it.

Try a bit of white spatter in between the other colours. Look at real sand and there is real white highlights in between the sand. Not much but they are there. I also have a H&S infinity and you get a spatter cap that fits most of the H&S AB's

Yes it would

Back