How to make a small line like this ?

The lady at hobby lobby has been airbrushing for years and she said she mixes her own paint now..just buys acrylic in this beig bottles and gets the wicked reducer. Is this possible for me to do? Or is this not the best way to go?

No, stick to airbrush specific paints if you want any real help around here.
"What paint are you using?" Will be one of the most common questions asked if you are having issues. If you say that you are using bottled acrylic, we will tell you to get better paint. The binders in Wicked are designed for hard surfaces. The binders in acrylic paints turn to rubber when dry, not something you really want on the stuff you are painting.

No, stick to airbrush specific paints if you want any real help around here.
"What paint are you using?" Will be one of the most common questions asked if you are having issues. If you say that you are using bottled acrylic, we will tell you to get better paint. The binders in Wicked are designed for hard surfaces. The binders in acrylic paints turn to rubber when dry, not something you really want on the stuff you are painting.

Yes! I was very very skeptical on buying these! Haha good thing I didnt

Here's what I have right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 20
Added some blue...unsure where to go right now!! Should u turn psi up and spray more for a mist??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 12
And did a little bit of stars!! Please anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong or what I should ad and everything!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 15
Here is where I'm at !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 19
Great improvement over all. Practice dots and lines and play with even thinner paint. You are getting where you want it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how far I have come right now!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 13
Okay this will be easier to see!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 22
I really didn't think I would have picked it up that quick! I mean granted it's probably the easiest thing to do with an airbrush, but I have never free handed anything before! Thanks guys! Still have some ways to go tho!!

Okay what's going on here !!! Soemthing is not right!! And don't mind the stars!! I didn't realize how much it would put on there! Should have held it further away! Anyways! It looks nothing like that space theme one!! What did I not do?? BY THE WAY: THIS IS A TEST PIECE!!!
Hi, Daniel.
I've found that with stars, at least, less is more.
I think your air is too strong and the paint - being so thin - is being sprayed too fast.
This gives the almost foggy effect that you have here.
I'd try lower air pressure than you have now and maybe a toothpick in front of the needle to give a slightly larger, but less dense stipple effect.
Check out Mitches tutorial on textures, this shows how it's done correctly.

Yip manners are free great point.
Thanks madbrush and the rest of the community!! Sorry forgot to say thanks! Unlike me!!

With a little practice you could, but it will require low pressure, thinner paint and very very close up work.

Practice on some old pieces of plastic first so you can get a feel for the higher risk of spider in up close, it's all about control.

When people answer your questions a little thank you here and there keeps them coming back;)

I really didn't think I would have picked it up that quick! I mean granted it's probably the easiest thing to do with an airbrush, but I have never free handed anything before! Thanks guys! Still have some ways to go tho!!
Wish i could pick it up that quick!
The only thing i picked up quick was the bills for the airbrushes before the missus seen them:whistling:

Hi, Daniel.
I've found that with stars, at least, less is more.
I think your air is too strong and the paint - being so thin - is being sprayed too fast.
This gives the almost foggy effect that you have here.
I'd try lower air pressure than you have now and maybe a toothpick in front of the needle to give a slightly larger, but less dense stipple effect.
Check out Mitches tutorial on textures, this shows how it's done correctly.
Awesome! Thank you!!

Looking for the best airbrushes for you or wish to gift an airbrush to your friend than try this. It's a excellent alternative having an amazing variety of airbrushes that ensure best and precision at a cheap rate
This is obvious spam and your nabbed:mad:

Back