How to make a tracing?

D

Decryptionally

In the series "Cameron", how did he make a tracing of the photo, and then blew it up to four sheets of paper? Would help a ton if I figured this out. Thanks!

I believe Mitch uses Photoshop to create his line drawings from the originals. This allows the use of layers , one layer is the Image, another the line work. You can follow the image exactly where you want, selecting different line styles to designate areas of the piece, had lines, shading, soft shading, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used rasterbator to blow up my pics, but have also used another program but I can't remember the name of it. I also use seral paper if its printable and small enough.

Lee

I believe Mitch uses Photoshop to create his line drawings from the originals. This allows the use of layers , one layer is the Image, another the line work. You can follow the image exactly where you want, selecting different line styles to designate areas of the piece, had lines, shading, soft shading, etc.

I think in one of his videos, he said Illustrator. So Inkscape would work for it. Photoshop/GIMP should work too using the Path tool.

I think in one of his videos, he said Illustrator. So Inkscape would work for it. Photoshop/GIMP should work too using the Path tool.

You know you're probably right. PS just didn't sound right.

You know you're probably right. PS just didn't sound right.

Thanks everyone. I found a tutorial online. Not the best, not really a tracing but it just made everything white besides black and whatever you set it to. Hard to explain. Heres the tutorial if anyone needs it: How to Make a Coloring Book

if you go to effects in PS and apply the photo copy effect that makes a great line drawing. you can adjust your dark and detail levels

Back