For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

How to Watch a Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Ideas!' started by airbrushtutor, Jun 21, 2014.

1. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

You now have the ability to watch your favorite forums! :thumbsup:

This means that each time a new thread is created within a forum, you will be alerted ;)
    you can change your alert settings between e-mail alerts and forum alerts!
    Using myself as an example, I like to offer help to beginners, so one of the forums I like to watch is the 'Beginners Airbrush Questions' forum. I have set it to notify me as a forum alert.

How to?

1. When on the forum home page - simply click on a forum that you would like to watch i.e. Beginners Airbrush Questions. Once loaded, at the top right of the forum is a link that says 'watch forum'. Click this link as highlighted in the picture below.

*If you are already watching a forum you will have the option to 'Unwatch forum'.
    Screen-Shot-2014-06-21-at-4.12.01-PM.jpg

2. You can check and manage which forums you are following by clicking on the 'Watched forums' link in the 'forums' tab (home page) as shown below.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-21-at-4.14.56-PM.jpg

3. To change an alert style, once the page is loaded you will be presented with a list of forums that you are watching. Simply tick the box of a forum whose alert style you would like to change and choose an option from the drop down list. For this example I have chosen 'Enable alerts', which will be forum alerts.

*While writing this how-to, I have just received an alert for a new thread in the 'Beginners Airbrush Questions' forum as seen in the top right corner of my screen.
    Screen-Shot-2014-06-21-at-4.22.42-PM.jpg

Stay up to date and customise the forum to your own interests!
    Enjoy!:p
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014