HOWZIT GUYS!!

S

Shez Brits

MY NAME IS SHEZ AND IM TRYING TO MASTER AIRBRUSHING BUT HAVING SOME TROUBLE

I HAVE AIRBRUSHED MY GOLF CLUBS BUT FOUND THAT THE PAINT IS CHIPPING..
THE PRODUCTS IM USING ARE
2K PRIMER
2K CLEAR AND HARDNER
DALA INKS
DALA RETARDER
GOLDEN AIRBRUSH MEDIUM

WHERE AM I GOING WRONG?

SHEZ
CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA

First Hello Shez Please turn your CAPS lock off. Looks like you are yelling at us :D
Next most of the golf clubs I paint are for show only and not for use , But the ones I do paint for use I use an epoxy clear system to help it hold up under hitting the ball.
I do not know Dala inks. I scuff them , primer and sealer, Base coat , artwork(Wicked line by Createx) then epoxy clear them .
Oldest one I have painted so far has held up for over 5 years now.

Hi Shez welcome from the UK. Looks like Herb has got you covered if the problem is paint chipping off when you use the clubs.

It might be that your prep is not giving a good enough tooth for the paint to hold onto either. Some photos of the problem might help us help you if that doesn't answer your question.

@AndreZA is from your part of the world I think, and could maybe advise on where to get supplies if necessary??

Hey there welcome from New Zealand. What sort of brush do you use? Curious lot. And like squishy said, post some photo's. Where is the paint chipping?

Hi @Shez. Welcome here. You don't need the Golden airbrush medium with Dala. If it chips without any apparent reason, then it is the prep and the primer that's the problem.

Hi welcome to the forum, I painted a putter for my Niece, prepped , primed and painted, covered with 2k clear but it chips badly with light use. Look at using an epoxy clear as you need a touch coating. I am looking to get some for repainting.

Lee

Back