HVLP hose?

use a 1/4 - inch NPSM at one end and whatever your aircompressor is.
a separate regulator at the gun is a good addition then you know exactly what pressure you are at the gun.
Depending on what compressor you are running then an oil filter / moisture filter at the compressor would also not be a bad idea.

With 1mm you'll have to reduce your clear for normal applying. This gun is for small projects. Usually full size spray guns with 1.4mm nozzles are used in body shops for clearcoating.
For this one airbrush compressor is not enough you need something bigger.

With 1mm you'll have to reduce your clear for normal applying. This gun is for small projects. Usually full size spray guns with 1.4mm nozzles are used in body shops for clearcoating.
For this one airbrush compressor is not enough you need something bigger.

good pick up, I just assumed it was going to be connected to a workshop / garage type compressor.

So an airbrush compressor would not be ideal for this?

No an airbrush compressor Would not be Ideal,You might get by with a small compressor with about a 5 gal. tank That way you would have more time spraying before it would kick on. Look for one with at the least the min. amount of cfm used by the gun in this case 6 cfm

Last edited:
I agree with Vlad on the size of nozzle, 1.3 minimum, 1.4 or 1.5 recommended for clear and a shop compressor with a large tank that pumps out a good 5 cfm at least. The guns themselves don't take a lot of air probably 2.5 bar or about 40 psi for clear but the fan would be quite wide and this uses a large volume of air, that's where the high cfm comes in. You will probably get away with the 1.0 but as suggested you will have to put more reducer into the clear. There is only one way to find out for sure and that's try it, but don't be surprised if it runs out of air after a couple of seconds, thats going to be the bigger problem.

My garage compressor is an 8cfm with a 25L tank. I also have a regulator / gauge before the gun which is a 1.4 and inline moisture/oil filter.

I have an Iwata PowerJet Pro compressor which has a 3l tank and came with a 0.8 hvlp gun which was being used for spray tanning. I assume that it works or they wouldn't have bothered although i've never tried it.

Lee

Back