i cant do realism in portraits..

I have a great B&W picture of MM on my computer I'll upload it to the reference folder in the morning for you to use if you like it

If you would like and think it might help, your more than welcome to thisIMG_2162.JPG I knew I had it somewhere and TA DA! found it,all I ask is when your finished with it you pass it on to another forum member;)

@bex, whereabouts in Hampshire are you?

If you’re not too far away, then I could spare you a few hours ‘tuition’ if you wanted.

Oh, and definitely take up the offer from @The dude, or I will..........:):)

@bex
What works for me when iam airbrushing close to realism is not looking at a portret as a face but as shapes.
So for example a eye is a pulled out circle , with a small circle in it , with straight or curved lines, so if i airbrush those exact circles , lines and other shapes it wil become a eye.
It is easy to get lost in a portret because the human brain indentifies a face as a complete thing, so if the eyes are nice, your vieuw will make the entire face more awesome and errors will be hard to see.
Some other tips:
1.Try to turn around your entire picture and airbrush a portret upside down , this will help being more objective and focus more on the shapes instead of the beautifull face.
2.If u start with for example hair and the focus is fading away, get away from the hair and start with a eye, this way you can't get the airbush block because u start something new.
The advantage of this is when u go back from the eye to the hair u will see all more clearly.
3. If your portret doesnt look good remember that the next one will always look better.
4. Human eyes get tired when looking at a picture for a long time , remember to take a rest for the eyes for 15 min every hour orsome.
U will see new errors or new tricks suddenly because your eyes are fresh again.
5. It is a gift to analize your own work and be critical about it , if u can see your own mistakes means u learned and will do better next time.
I hope this helps !

greets Souldog Airbrush

Back