I ruined the lot - what to get now ?

For me paint type doesn't really matter, i'll generally happily use anything, especially Airbrush Specific sets..Spectra-Tex is my fave atm and has a good price in comparisson to some of the others. Etac if you want to get into erasing, trident (never used em myself but heard lots of good things...and a few bad) TOP, an Australian made brand, very cost effective as well and spray nice (You can find them at airbrushfocus) of course the wicked ranges..As to what to buy..The cheapest way I have found is TOP, when I first started out I bought a primary set, consisted of Black, White, Red yellow and Blue (besides the white and black the rest were transparents). They came in a 500 ml bottle for around $100 for the set (I think they are a bit more expensive these days) This set lasted me close too three years worth of painting..I did have to buy more white as the years passed..Its a very good idea if you want to cheapen it down for yourself to go this road (Whatever brand you buy) as ultimately you can make any color you need besides specialty metallics and such, be it transparent or opaque...Good luck m8, hope your new stones serve you well :)

Hi - i am a newbie and live in Central Queensland - i had a look at the Airbrush Focus site and they have 500ml translucent black for $22 with free postage - that price seems OK to me from what i've seen so far they say its in what they call their "T" series BUT i get impression its only for paper and canvas and not for automotive - any ideas - if its only for paper and if the price is Ok then maybe i should get it to start with for practice - OR is there something else i should start with for practicing

Back