Idea for bones color

T

triumph1050

Hello friends, i want to know if you can give me soomes help for a bones colors. i'am to paint a skull on a Harley Davidson, and for now, i'am building the white. But i realy don't know which colors to mix for a base bones color.
Here is te reference pic...

Thank you!

Attachments

• harley1.jpg
    harley1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 58
White with a little transparent rootbeer in it . Raw sienna and white. lots of different color combination you could use.

Best to have a practise with the colour combinations before you paint the real thing.

Lee

Yes i will make somes practice. Mr. Micron, if i mix white with rootbeer, i'll have to mix transparent base alot with it, to make it realy transparent. Because i don't want to loose my white foundation.

Yes i will make somes practice. Mr. Micron, if i mix white with rootbeer, i'll have to mix transparent base alot with it, to make it realy transparent. Because i don't want to loose my white foundation.

with your white foundation you just need to dust coat the rootbeer.
That is kind of what I did on this paint pal painting I sent to Cheryl last year..Mr.Micron - Airbrushforum Photos

Micron. .... What did Josh user on that pile of bones he did. .... Was that a sepia?

Looking at your reference, i would go for a more of a sepia starting with an over reduced dusting then gradually build your tones up for the shaded/darker areas along with the fades. Like with the other suggestions from above with the root beer, that would work also with the same method. But it all depends on how true you want it to be compared to the reference. Ive also used Burnt umber and that created a real nice bone color. Just try some tests with different colors as mentioned to make it look how you want it.

I forgot to mention doing this with transparents cause then you can use your white base to help with the fades and lighter tones.

Last edited:
Back