I'm not sure how to proceed

R

RavageWombat

Hi all

As this is my very first piece, I'm not sure how to proceed, at the moment I have a basic stencel which I have used to mask the characters location, and I've used graphite paper for the details on the character .

Attached should be my work and the original pic, as you can see, it is very basic with the colour.
So should I treat it like a colour by numbers, or should I go another way about it?

Thanks

Vince

Attachments

• Ryu Graphite.jpg
    Ryu Graphite.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Ryus-Hadouken.jpg
    Ryus-Hadouken.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 41
Firstly, you should have left the lightening white, laying white over black will give a blue 'shift' - not a big issue in this case but worth remembering for future works- light over dark will always produce a shift. That's why we normally work light to dark. You will need to lay down white for the lifghtening if you want it to really pop. Even using opaque on a black background will have less impact.
As for the bloke, light to dark and colour by numbers. As your a beginner leave the black outline til last and use a marker to do it

Just the lightning/electricity glow is airbrush work. The rest can be done with a paintbrush. or
Paint everything black and just left the white and the red mask up. You will have to paint the solid lightning/electricity back in. Then with white go over the lightning/electricity to give it a glow. Then go over that with transparent blue.Then come back in with white make the lightning/electricity white again.

EDIT: I quickly made this in Photoshop to demonstrate.

lightning_tut.gif

Last edited:
Back