For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Ink art

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by Cday2, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Cday2

Cday2 Young Tutorling

Hi just looking for direction. I’m an alcohol ink artist. Using a small compressor and a cheap gun. All I need is to be able to push the ink on tile. The compressor itself is powerful enough but what I need is a more fine and powerful stream of air. I am not filling The reservoir I am just pushing the product across drops of ink that I’ve applied to the tile. I could be just not experienced enough with the gun that I have but it seems like I could get a fine or more powerful burst Of air. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Don Wheeler

Don Wheeler Spider Splatterer

If we knew more about your airbrush and compressor it might help.

Don
  3. Cday2

Cday2 Young Tutorling

Hi Dan it’s just a very cheap master tech and the airbrush I think is the same. It was part of a kit.
  4. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!

If you have a little cheapo compressor chances are you are only getting 1/3rd to 1/2 of the working pressure you could have.
  5. Don Wheeler

Don Wheeler Spider Splatterer

It sounds like you are just using the airbrush as an air hose with a trigger. Airbrushes are designed to create a focused spray pattern of liquid, not air. So, you may not get the results you expect. If you get plenty of air out of the compressor when the hose is not connected to the airbrush, then you can probably get more air from the brush if you just remove the nozzle. That's the part with the tiny hole that threads into the body of the airbrush. Doing this will increase the area of the air opening in front. I don't know if that will give you the narrow flow you want though.

Don