Insert witty title here (hello)

KurtH

Double Actioner
Hello,

I kept finding answers in this forum while searching the web for answers about airbrush questions, so I figured it would be a good place to join.

I have used an airbrush in my hobby of plastic modeling since the early 90s. I could always airbrush just good enough to paint competently, but lately, as I tried more advanced techniques, I found I really needed to learn more about the basics of airbrushing. To accomplish this, I have decided to try airbrush art in order to really learn how to handle an airbrush.

Over the years I have managed to accumulate several airbrushes. Here they are in Chronological order:

Badger 250 x2
Paasche H x2
Paasche VL
Badger 360
Badger Anthem 155
Grex Xgi3
Sotar 20/20
Badger 200 G

I ended up with 2 paasche H after moving out of my parents house, I took the Paasche H since my dad was not using it. He bought it in the 80s when he was actively building models. At one point I needed all 3 needles and new bottles, so it was cheaper to just buy the set with everything included than to buy everything individually. I also took the badger 250 my dad started with back in the 80s, but when I went to use it the air button was sticky, so it was easier to just buy a new one than mess with it, so I kept for nostalgia.

My air source is a badger million-aire silent compressor.

The brush I use the most is the Grex. I got it a little over a year ago, and previously I used the anthem 155 for about 10 years almost exclusively. So I have a good variety of tools.

Over the years of modeling I have used just about any kind of paint I could find, Automotive lacquer, Testors MM enamel, Tamiya Acrylics, Gunze Sangyo acrylics and lacquer, Humbrol enamel, Ammo of Mig, MRP, Vallejo model Air and some more I can not remember at the moment. I am willing to try any thing, and sometimes if I need a particular color only one brand may have it. It looks like I have a bit more to learn about the paints used by artists.

I am going to sit back and try to get an idea of the posters and the courtesies and customs of this forum while working on basics, such as painting lines, Cubes, Spheres and Cones.

Welcome Kurt, I think the only thing you omitted is where you call home.

As for the getting to know the posters it’s going to be a headache for you at first, we have multiple personalities that are larger and life and have a twisted sense of humour.
We don’t take ourselves to seriously but we do take our art and advise seriously

Welcome Buddy. Sounds like you have a good setup already. I’m sure you’ll find that your existing experience gets you further than you might think. Nice to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, i'm sure it wont be long till you have the skills your looking to learn. Looks like you have a great setup and plenty of armoury to keep you busy. We're here to help if you need it, just ask the question if you cant find it here.

Lee

Back