Intro from Texas

I order Wicked reducer, but they sent me Auto Air reducer 4011. I assumed that meant they were compatible. I misread what someone above wrote. They said 3 to 1 reducer to paint. I misread as 3 to 1 paint to reducer. I guess that could explain some things. hehe
4011 and w100 are the same thing 4012 and W500 are the same then you have the newest reducer which is for automotive only the way I understand it.
But with Wicked I think that the 4011 does work a bit better then the 4012 .
On I think all the bottles of Wicked it says 3 to 1 reduction , That is a starting point on black or white through a .35 I usually start at 5 to 1 @ 25 to 30 PS. The lower the pressure the more reduction is needed.

Thanks. I know what to change up when I try again. If it doesn't rain, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Are prescription eyeglasses good enough eye protection or should I get some goggles too?

I'm using one of those 3M masks with the thin, pink round filters on the side. Is that overkill for the paints I'm using?

There is no such thing as overkill when protecting your lungs. At low pressure (15psi and below) you could probably work without one but why take that chance.
@Mr.Micron, I have the same brand but with the paint splatter design, I nearly opted for the evil clown but a little @Squishy voice in my head kept telling me not to Lol. I do have a powered one for higher pressure work (hvlp gun or 40psi and above on the airbrush)

There is no such thing as overkill when protecting your lungs. At low pressure (15psi and below) you could probably work without one but why take that chance.
@Mr.Micron, I have the same brand but with the paint splatter design, I nearly opted for the evil clown but a little @Squishy voice in my head kept telling me not to Lol. I do have a powered one for higher pressure work (hvlp gun or 40psi and above on the airbrush)
that is why I just post a link to the mask style I use , Mine is the evil clown :D With respect to my Squishy gal I do not post a pic of the actual one .

I think most of my issues are resolved now. I changed the ratio of paint to reducer and things worked quite well once I got the PSI about right. The only issue I had was tip dry. About 30 minutes into it, I felt like I had to pull further back on the trigger to get paint again. I pulled the needle and removed the paint on it. It sprayed better after that. I had it happen again about 15 minutes later, but it was easy to fix.

Is there something I might be doing to cause tip dry to happen this often, or is this just a part of airbrushing that everyone has to deal with?

I didn't feel like doing dots and bar bells today, so I tried a flame.
http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/first-attempt-at-fire.14555/

Tip dry is the nature of the beast unfortunately, air flowing over paint makes it dry. However when you get more used to it you can really get your paint mixture to the point it can become less of an issue. Temperature/humidity/weather does have a big effect too. When you watch videos you will often see guys stop painting and as they talk or think about what's next you will probably notice them absentmindedly picking the paint from the tip -it becomes second nature. :D

that is why I just post a link to the mask style I use , Mine is the evil clown :D With respect to my Squishy gal I do not post a pic of the actual one .
And this is why you have my eternal love LOL :D

Back