Intro to Orange

Wow you guys are just to nice
Either that or their are alot of iwata junkies on here.
So i am in good company ;)
p.s. what the heck am i still doing up. its after 3 a.m.

Uh Oh, now you've done it. u mentioned H&S. just kidding ;)
Yes you are right. Very stiff , and very flooded. There are so many great airbrushes on the market.
To say one is better than the other is almost impossible to do. But, I'm gonna do it anyway.
IWATA is still the best . Nothing atomizes better than they do. Not to get anyone riled up. BUT try it for yourself.
pound for pound (psi) Iwata will spray softer, smoother , and finer than everyone else. With exceptions like the Olympos Special SP-B. I'm a big fan of many different makers.
The H&S is an incredibly well made airbrush. They seem to get the fact that alot of people use solvent based paint. If you have one and use acrylics. I don't think you can wear it out.
But, and a big but !
If i had to recommend an Airbrush to a beginner or even someone with experience. I would have to say, the Iwata HP-CS .35 gets my vote.
Best all around, most versatile & durable.
Reasons
1. The .35 needle/nozzle is large enough to handle paint thickness better.
2. The needle has a dual taper. So the tip is stronger & easier to clean off tip dry because it is thicker.
3. The removeable Head has a 3 Hole air flow design. similar to the Microns.
4. Handles finer detail very consistenly and better than you would expect, and gives very large coverage. All with one needle/nozzle design. (That is my gripe about the H&S.)
5. works remarkably well at very low air pressure.
Trigger response is extremely accurate which is very important. Especially to a beginner. Will help you build confidence & skill faster.IMO
But, bottom line. The fact that you don't have to worry about a beginner bending or damaging the needle cannot be beat.
SORRY for the testimony . I have one. But don't really use it. I prefer many other models. But iwata really nailed it with this model
Mainly it is what you as the painter prefer , I started on a hand me down Paasche VL that was in need of a total rebuild then bought the Iwata Eclipse CS from Hobby Lobby and was really hooked that is a work horse and one of the main airbrushes I use daily ,
I also have a Krome (which I hardly use) H&S infinity (which again I hardly use) Iwata Micron C+ with the .18 set up( which I use some) but most of my painting is done with the hp-cs.
I have yet to try an Olympus But have thought about it when a few of the other member picked up one and was talking about them .

Yes this is a very nice forum , Mitch's Moto is spread the love , So we do live up to it buy trying our best to help everyone and get them the best answer we can . While you know sometimes it is hard to answer a question when you really can not see what is going on in real life we do our best .
We like to pick on each other and if your thread gets hijacked then you know your in the family .

I've been ramming the hp-cs down peoples throats here for so long I'm surprised I haven't been arrested. Lol. If only I was on commission lol lol lol.

I always recommend it to newbies as I really believe it's the best brush to learn on, easy to clean, super reliable and hard wearing, versatile, and cant be beaten for the money. Plus you'll never outgrow it. I will never be without one, its my go to brush, and alongside my .23 micron its all I need for anything and everything. Perfect combo.

I've been ramming the hp-cs down peoples throats here for so long I'm surprised I haven't been arrested. Lol. If only I was on commission lol lol lol.

I always recommend it to newbies as I really believe it's the best brush to learn on, easy to clean, super reliable and hard wearing, versatile, and cant be beaten for the money. Plus you'll never outgrow it. I will never be without one, its my go to brush, and alongside my .23 micron its all I need for anything and everything. Perfect combo.

You forgot "paint comes out of it":thumbsup:

So that's where I've been going wrong. If I put some in I might actually learn how to do this *facepalm*.lol lol lol

I know you already knew that, but I have always wanted a brush that paint comes out of, it was my dream and now it's a reality thanks to your constant nagging, OH sorry, I meant "sound advice":thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seriously, I have stared at the end of my brush, wondering why its not working, like a little puzzled idiot, only to realise I forgot to put paint in. Sometimes my care in the community workers forget to give me my tablets. But they do tell me how ,"special" I am :D

Moi. Nag. How very dare you. I politely suggest. Over and over and over and over........

oh please ! ! you've only just begun with AAD.... MusicMacD and Jagardn have set the bar high.

I have four plus two touch ups... and about 6 bigger guns... I'm getting there truly...[/QUOTE]

You forgot me although i have given a few AB's to friends in need so down to 14 plus 4 hvlp guns now :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the forum Frank, love the olympos but don't own one yet. Im sure your expertise will come in handy for us. Enjoy your stay here.

Lee

I have four plus two touch ups... and about 6 bigger guns... I'm getting there truly...

You forgot me although i have given a few AB's to friends in need so down to 14 plus 4 hvlp guns now :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the forum Frank, love the olympos but don't own one yet. Im sure your expertise will come in handy for us. Enjoy your stay here.

Lee[/QUOTE]
Don't get me started with sprayguns now. I sprays cars for a living. i have a bunch of different ones Sata, Tekna , Accuspray, Anest Iwata Devilbiss .
But I have to mention the king of all miniguns. The iwata lph-80. It comes with a .5 nozzle and goes all the way up to a 1.2. I have 2 of them. a .5 & a 1.2
I have used every minigun made. Devilbiss has a SRI PRO that is great, but nothing lays the clearcoats like the iwata lph-80

Lee
Don't get me started with sprayguns now. I sprays cars for a living. i have a bunch of different ones Sata, Tekna , Accuspray, Anest Iwata Devilbiss .
But I have to mention the king of all miniguns. The iwata lph-80. It comes with a .5 nozzle and goes all the way up to a 1.2. I have 2 of them. a .5 & a 1.2
I have used every minigun made. Devilbiss has a SRI PRO that is great, but nothing lays the clearcoats like the iwata lph-80[/QUOTE]

I do love the DeVilbiss gti pro lite just can't afford one at the moment. only have chea ones but they're ok for what im doing at the moment.

Lee

Back