Introduction

P

paulieboy23

Hi everyone,
I am brand new to your forum but have read a lot of the messages that people send and I'm really impressed with the amount of useful information members contribute. I live in the foothills of the White Mountains in New Hampshire, USA and have been carving realistic birds for over 30 years. I have always painted with WN artist oils with sable brushes, leads me to the reason I joined your group. Having used brushes my entire carving life I have done pretty well, but blending colors is one of the real problems I always have, even after 30 years. You'd think I'd have gotten better at it after all this time, but nope! A fellow artist stopped by and we got to talking and I told him about how tedious blending colors on my carving was. He told me to try an airbrush. I had never used one so he leant me one of his. It is an Iwata HP plus. At first I had a very rough time because I was pretty heavy handed and now my wife has multi-colored everything in the house! But after reading so many great ideas and solutions to my questions on your forum I knew I had to join. Sorry for writing such a long intro, but I figure I might as well let everyone know a little bit about me.
Thanks for allowing me join you guys and I hope I don't become a pain, because I must have a million questions about using my airbrush.
Thanks again,
paulieboy23

That's an excellent intro! Welcome from New Zealand. What sort of paints do you use...?

Welcome from Scotland Paulie, I doubt you'll ever become a pain, you have had good read so I'm sure you've already noticed that helping others is our mission, just your questions coming and leave the rest to us:)

Although we would like to these realistic birds you speak of, I'm a nosey bugger who appreciates art of all kinds so I'm easy to entertain;) doesn't matter if they are not pained yet, before and after pics are always cool, hell we will even be entertained by you're wife's vandalism exploits;):)

Welcome from Scotland Paulie, I doubt you'll ever become a pain, you have had good read so I'm sure you've already noticed that helping others is our mission, just your questions coming and leave the rest to us:)

Although we would like to these realistic birds you speak of, I'm a nosey bugger who appreciates art of all kinds so I'm easy to entertain;) doesn't matter if they are not pained yet, before and after pics are always cool, hell we will even be entertained by you're wife's vandalism exploits;):)

Hi Paulie welcome from the UK. As you've already seen folks around here like to help, so get those questions ready lol As long as we get to see pics of your stuff to feed our nosiness addiction it's all good.

Your wife sounds like a very understanding person, you have multicoloured your house, and your fingers are still intact enough to type lol lol lol.

You will learn everything you need from the good people here, and I'm sure if any have an interest in wood carving, you will be getting a few private messages for tips with that. The good karma here goes around and around. :D

Welcome from Australia Paulie,
Your intro is far from the longest we've had - I actually think mine might be close the a record. We're a good bunch of lunatics, always willing to help those that want to be helped.
We always want to see pics of what you're doing and pictures of works in progress help us to guide you to where you want to be.

Back