For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions!' started by mnmnmnmnm, May 19, 2018.

1. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

lol That would be cool, I would welcome the warm weather, something that doesn't happen too often here, if we have a day without rain the weather guys refer to that as "freak weather conditions" and we are advised to stay indoors and drive safely:)
    ilzeairbrushing likes this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Oh ok. I think I missed some details and was suggesting a simple pack to get started and dip your toe to see if it’s for you.
    Ignore my post.
    What these guys said .
    Malky and ilzeairbrushing like this.
  3. ilzeairbrushing

ilzeairbrushing Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

4. Malky

In the right circumstances I would have suggested the same compressor, I had one of these and it served me well for over three years, it was still working but I butchered it for parts for a bigger compressor I bought after it.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  5. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

I’m with you. I have one too that has been great, it’s fairly cheap, comes with a reg and moisture trap. But I can see how it’s not going to do the job here. Note to self, read more carefully LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robbyrockett2 likes this.
  6. Malky

I always worked at really low pressure, usually around 5 psi with seriously thin paint, for therefore compressors that was no work at all, occasionally I would blast in a solid background at maybe 25 psi and onky then was it refilling at very quick intervals, the only reason I brought a bigger compressor was to be able to use a mini spray gun for priming boards but never ever got ariund to actually doing that.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  7. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!

That hose is awesome for this, looks like it is supposed to be mostly vertical... If that's the case I'd zip tie it to the compressor frame and Bam. Nice find malky.
  8. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!

I'm loving my little senco. 9 kilo, true 1.4 cfm at 40 psi, 100 percent duty cycle. 68 dB. But I quieted that down some. Best part really is I bought it for $10.
    HellBird and SiRoxx like this.
  9. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Gravity Guru

I got a similar one and, around 100 hours into it, no problem at all. I use it typically for 2-3 hours uninterrupted, at between 15 - 25 psi. No issues visible.
  10. Malky

When I got mine the literature that came with it recommended 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off, how I work this happened naturally with frequent stops for erasing and such, but I used mine up to 8 or 9 hours daily with no problems but when you know beforehand you're going to be doing extra large pieces it really isn't the wisest choice, I paid €80 for mine, the little Orazio I have now cost only around €30 more so that's not a huge price for a little piece of mind, not to mention in my case I like to do little upholstery projects and my Orazio will handle my tackers and staplers quite comfortably as well as being capable of spraying small primer jobs if I need to.