IPT - been here a while :)

IPT

Detail Decepticon!
At the request of JackEB here I am :).

My name is Louis and I currently reside in Alaska. My background is really photography. Been doing that for about 20 years. I have sold many images and been published but it's all just a hobby for me that I enjoy. never wanted to make it a "job". Funny how people always say that though. "You should do this professionally". Fact is I like not "having to do it and once it's a paying job it can become "work".

I dis a little acrylic painting back in the day. What got me back into painting was the custom car scene. I got back into it and RC cars too. Saw cool paint jobs and just wanted to do it. I also liked the idea of being able to take multiple images or ideas and merging them into one. Photography is great but at the end of the day you are limited to what's in front of you. Sure you can be creative with your perspective and adding light but you just do not have the freedom like you do painting on a blank canvas.

My day job is actually as a PT (Physical Therapist). Thankfully I love my job so often don't even feel like I am "working". SO that's about it. As for AB gear I use a 30 gal garage craftsman compressor and a couple of airbrushes. All Iwata ranging from the Eclipse .5 to a .18 Micron. Also have an LPH 80 and 400. What i really need is more time to paint and less hobbies :).

Cheers.

Hey Louis, nice to meet you officially lol. I totally get what you mean about making your hobby your job. I thought about trying to make a living from AB, but as soon as its work, its not so fun. Oh, plus the fact I'm not good enough or quick enough lol, that might have something to do with it :D

Now everyone knows you are a photographer, we will all be picking your brains. I cant take a good photo to save my life, and I find trying to get a pic of something clear coated impossible.

If you have any photos you aren't going to use and wouldn't mind people using for refs, I'm sure folks would be very grateful.

More time to paint is what I need too, and more ideas....and more than one lonely brain cell..... More sense of purpose in life...more milk.....more focus.....more concentratio.....ooooh look....a shiny thing lol lol lol.

Hey Louis, nice to meet you officially lol. I totally get what you mean about making your hobby your job. I thought about trying to make a living from AB, but as soon as its work, its not so fun. Oh, plus the fact I'm not good enough or quick enough lol, that might have something to do with it :D

Now everyone knows you are a photographer, we will all be picking your brains. I cant take a good photo to save my life, and I find trying to get a pic of something clear coated impossible.

If you have any photos you aren't going to use and wouldn't mind people using for refs, I'm sure folks would be very grateful.

More time to paint is what I need too, and more ideas....and more than one lonely brain cell..... More sense of purpose in life...more milk.....more focus.....more concentratio.....ooooh look....a shiny thing lol lol lol.

Sure, as long as I am not inundated :). Lord knows I have not enough time as it is! In fact one of the many works I have in progress is getting more organized with my photos. From 2017 on I will be searchable! The hard parts is getting my old images synched up and "online" in the database! Truth is you can probably find what you need and a lot more online. You might want a photo of a nuthatch for example and I'll toss you one or two but online you'd have hundreds with varied poses. None the less if I can be of help I will. I'd be happy to help you tame the photography issues too. I'm probably a lot more skilled there than I am with an Airbrush!

lolo_O

Nice intro, shame I wasnt talking to you, it was to @Tocean ! (Who posted in your thread.) I see working ultra small scale hasn't affected your eyes at all :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL, see what happens when you have like umpteen balls in the air, have an 8 month old and are still trying to run a business and have a life :) by doing your "hobbies" in the wee hours of the morning :). Oh well, at least I am "officially recognized" on here now :).

Okay now of to spray some paint. Need to do some bases with Pearl. I am experimenting with the Omni flattening agent. One of my "to do" projects is to paint a bicycle frame for next winter.

Back