Is it cheating ?

steve1111

Needle-chuck Ninja
So I want to do a small image so I thought I would try a different transfer technique. I got some frisket layed it on a piece of a 4 and printed on it turned out awesome came off the paper easy and saved a lot of time drawing. uploadfromtaptalk1410249785888.jpg

Has anyone else tried this ?

Are you going to paint it or just stick it down and and seal it. If you're only going to seal it then it is called decoupage and falls in the crafts category. Otherwise you do what you have to to transfer the image you need.

Yes its cheating, I may have to report you to the Airbrush Authorities so they can come get ya..6 mnths at least seems a fair alloted time in the clink for that type of cheating....:)

Anything that works m8, chuck it in the arsenal, I havent done that on frisket before, some plastics can block ya ink jets in a printer, or get massively caught up but have done similar plenty of times on acrylic overhead sheets as they are made to be printed on and can make it a lot less time consuming for intricate stencils or just as a tranfer image on a projector..But still thinking of reporting ya...Mitch we have someone here that cheats, send him to the orange firing squad..Quick before he does it again....LOL

Ha Ha, I was just replying when Reb posted lol
It's not exactly airbrushing and I agree with six months!
Joking aside, I think that technically erasing and scratching is not airbrushing but anything that gets the result you are after is ok, Use the tools available is my motto!

Lol yes I'm going to paint it !! I actually want to use my micron it's still in the box !! I actually used allocation tape whiich it printed on well. I was drawing all my small work and thought I would give it a go and it worked !! So load the guns I'll be doing it again !!

M8 any time saver in this game is well worth it. I prefer to "make art" and even though we attend an airbrush forum, ultimately we seem to segregate ourselves into another world beyond art- I call it Airbrush World LOL and realistically all the airbrush is is one other tool is a whole big world of options when it comes to expression, its a tool that can be used in a variety of manners, across a variety of diciplines yet some only focus on the word "Airbrush" instead of why we actually use an airbrush- To produce Art, Communication and Expression Isn't that the purpose?.. Theres my zen for the day LOL but any shortcut you can take to get to the actual airbrushing part I'll jump all over, my favorite time save is setting the projector up and painting the first layer with the projector on, ya can get some interesting results and partial blindness from squinting so much but it can save me up to 2-3 hrs if I had to prep it up with other markers or such, plus a crapload of grease transfer from my hands I then gotta clean or risk my work being buggered so straight in with the gun instead :), especially useful on really big work..

But looking at that little sticker ya made, do me a favor one day, print a dozen of them or more and cut each one out, paint a fish tank scene on a board, include an interesting background and go quite realistic with it, the peebles some rocks or a underwater diver man, nah heck make him a sticker too, now place all those stickers in various and interesting positions, like cut one in half and hang it out of a rock, have another one in front of some reeds then after placing him paint some more reeds on him, add some little bubbles for em, a little swoosh in the water behind, now bury all that in a crapload of clear and I'll garantee, done right if you sat it front of someone they wldnt know it wasn't all painted, especially if you feather sanded the sticker edges by angle sanding em, doesn't make it any less artistic though or a bad use of the airbrush or a sticker and neither would that be cheating, just creating your thoughts another way, its just some mixed media and for me its something I've always loved and originally desired for my airbrushing, to be a small part of the whole..Shiz more Zen, must be lonely tonight LOL.. :)

Sorry I really enjoy "Is this Cheating?" threads, after a few years you see so many..LOL I imagine half the airbrush artists out there, tremble when they walk into an art shop, cause there afraid another Airbrush Artist may see em buying a fineliner hairy brush ..Oh god the shame LOL..

I was hung up on "only Airbrushing allowed" syndrome ..... bad place to be and very hard to cure!
I think I was trying to be a purest in the sense that if I used anything other than an airbrush I didn't consider it being airbrush art! but at the end of the day as Reb says, we are expressing something, God only knows what in my case but even a purest needs to use masking tape or a shield of some sort at some stage so is that purest a real purest? I'll leave that one to the deep thinkers like Immortal lol.
Use what ya got mate!

Yes its cheating, I may have to report you to the Airbrush Authorities so they can come get ya..6 mnths at least seems a fair alloted time in the clink for that type of cheating....:)

Anything that works m8, chuck it in the arsenal, I havent done that on frisket before, some plastics can block ya ink jets in a printer, or get massively caught up but have done similar plenty of times on acrylic overhead sheets as they are made to be printed on and can make it a lot less time consuming for intricate stencils or just as a tranfer image on a projector..But still thinking of reporting ya...Mitch we have someone here that cheats, send him to the orange firing squad..Quick before he does it again....LOL
I think he should get off with 2 months served for good behavior, lol.

Ive actually done this quite a few times for masking purposes so i get dimensions right. I used this for the seahawks plates i did. Print it, peel it, stick, cut it. Its a time saver!

Back