Is this normal?

I would think so.... maybe later on you'll figure out this silver bullet rig and decide to put it back on
it's all new to me, so I am kinda lost. I did read a lot of stuff on internet, I watched a lot of videos, but there is always one little thing which puzzles me. Just like other day when I was wondering if I need to pull needle from the back of my Iwatas or I can push it to the front. I was googling like crazy but wasn't sure what is best. So I just contacted Iwata and ask them :D I got answer and I solved one problem. I am not afraid to ask if I don't know :)

I was given one of those silver bullets at at the start of the month but haven't tried it yet. If i get chance over the weekend i will hook it up and see what it does. When i was given it the guy seemed to think it was a "mac valve" that didn't work. Reading this thread explains why the "mac valve" doesn't work, maybe it's not a mac valve.

Lee

I was given one of those silver bullets at at the start of the month but haven't tried it yet. If i get chance over the weekend i will hook it up and see what it does. When i was given it the guy seemed to think it was a "mac valve" that didn't work. Reading this thread explains why the "mac valve" doesn't work, maybe it's not a mac valve.

Lee
Nice, I found the guy with the bullet. Can't believe it! I hope you can test it. I would love to hear what is your experience with it.

It's not a Mac valve, the silver bullet is a 'bleed valve' the idea is to set you pressure by constantly bleeding off air. I won one of these compressors with the silver bullet, the constant hiss of air bleeding from the valve takes some getting used to..

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It's not a Mac valve, the silver bullet is a 'bleed valve' the idea is to set you pressure by constantly bleeding off air. I won one of these compressors with the silver bullet, the constant hiss of air bleeding from the valve takes some getting used to..

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
sound hiss is kinda weird. I can threat it with music so I don't hear hissing. I was scared bullet is broken and that knob will explode and fly all over the place :D

My first question would be what is your compressor? Tank or tankless?
10 liter tank with refrigerator compressor on it. Big hose from there to air regulator with mouse trap. From air regulator airbrush hose to this bullet mouse trap. From bullet mouse trap direct connection to quick connect with mac valve.

edit:10 liters= US gallons 2,64172

10 liter tank with refrigerator compressor on it. Big hose from there to air regulator with mouse trap. From air regulator airbrush hose to this bullet mouse trap. From bullet mouse trap direct connection to quick connect with mac valve.

edit:10 liters= US gallons 2,64172
Hmm then it should not be running all the time if you can closing off the air .

Hmm then it should not be running all the time if you can closing off the air .
I was thinking if this is like protection for compressor safety valve. I am not tech savvy, but if I understand correctly, when tank is full there is a pressure on safety valve? -.-
I know it sounded weird :D

Probably I shouldn't post this post, gonna look like I am at the bottom of food chain in IQ department. -.-

No it is a valid question , The safety check valve is for when a compressor reach over the limit to keep from blowing up the tank , the less the compressor has to run the longer life the compressor motor will have , So if when you turn it down to lower your airbrush the compressor just keeps running is what I am having trouble trying to think about.
I have a 250 gallon compressor that is oh 30 years old , While it does kick in once in a while mainly when I have been running airtools like sanders and cut off tools and last night when I was airbrush but I had been using a cut off tool earlier. it just builds pressure and stops.
So do you have dual gauges on your compressor? what is the cut in points set at if you know. If you build it homemade what was the regulators cut in and out points.
On my silent air the cut in point where is turn on is 60 psi the but out point is 120 PSI or for those in the uk 4 bar turn on and about 8 bar cut out.

No it is a valid question , The safety check valve is for when a compressor reach over the limit to keep from blowing up the tank , the less the compressor has to run the longer life the compressor motor will have , So if when you turn it down to lower your airbrush the compressor just keeps running is what I am having trouble trying to think about.
I have a 250 gallon compressor that is oh 30 years old , While it does kick in once in a while mainly when I have been running airtools like sanders and cut off tools and last night when I was airbrush but I had been using a cut off tool earlier. it just builds pressure and stops.
So do you have dual gauges on your compressor? what is the cut in points set at if you know. If you build it homemade what was the regulators cut in and out points.
On my silent air the cut in point where is turn on is 60 psi the but out point is 120 PSI or for those in the uk 4 bar turn on and about 8 bar cut out.
I see I need to work on my english. We misunderstand eachother. Compressor doesn't run all the time. The little thingy(bullet with bleed valve) is loosing air all the time. Compressor shuts down itself when tank is full. And turns on when it's empty.

Sorry,need to be care full how I write. :)

I see I need to work on my english. We misunderstand eachother. Compressor doesn't run all the time. The little thingy(bullet with bleed valve) is loosing air all the time. Compressor shuts down itself when tank is full. And turns on when it's empty.

Sorry,need to be care full how I write. :)
Oh okay that is because the design of the bullet is to do just that , Instead of allowing full force going to the airbrush or keeping pressure on the mac valve it releases it . That is what it is designed to do , That is also what I only tried it once and just have it somewhere in the garage.

Oh okay that is because the design of the bullet is to do just that , Instead of allowing full force going to the airbrush or keeping pressure on the mac valve it releases it . That is what it is designed to do , That is also what I only tried it once and just have it somewhere in the garage.
Should I remove bullet? I have another mouse trap on air regulator. Setup > compressor > 10 meters big hose > air regulator with mouse trap > 3 meters airbrush hose > bullet > quick disconnect with mac valve > airbrush

If you do not like the noise of the air bring released then take it off. I do use the mac valve on my micron but only on it.

I don't mind noise. I listen to the music while having fun with airbrush. I was more concerned that bullet is faulty.

I don't mind noise. I listen to the music while having fun with airbrush. I was more concerned that bullet is faulty.
Nope that is the design of it where most mac valve mainly close off the air opening which lowers the out put air pressure this one releases it

Back