Is this normal?

Sounds like its designed to be used with the super old airbrush compressors that just run constantly, just saw one of these today at a neighbors and thought of this thread.

Sounds like its designed to be used with the super old airbrush compressors that just run constantly, just saw one of these today at a neighbors and thought of this thread.
That is correct. I did not read all the post but it is a bleed valve, not a regulator. Yes you can technically adjust how much air reaches the airbrush. Some of the Iwata compressors also has a similar device on the water trap bowl.

Just got mail from Taiwan, so I will post it as update to this thread.

Thank you for contacting us.

Silver Bullet Plus releases excess pressure to deliver stable and constant pressure during operation. Even when it’s closed, slight air leak still occurs. For your information, in order to control the product quality, our Q/C inspect each piece of Silver Bullet Plus before dispatch to make sure they function well and the air leak is within the standard tolerance.

Further to your inquiry, without viewing your actual Silver Bullet Plus, it is difficult for us to determine if the air leak is within tolerance. However, we would suggest you to first try and check if there is any crack on the blue, transparent lower body. If not, please provide following information for our Q/C to check further:

1. Photos of 2 o-rings in Silver Bullet Plus as the attached photo.

2. A video to show us air leakage.

3. Please let us know which compressor (brand and model) you are using with it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited:
I bought their other one without the trap thinking it was a regulator. Initially the constant air flow, even when completely closed, made be realise it was not.

IMG_0168.jpg

Back