It’s here...GSI CREOS 770

I'm sure you can look at them and identify them but just for onlookers sake, careful of which one since one of the kkmoon side feeds is made like an eclipse copy and one is made like a micron copy
The Kkmoon is a different build from the PZ brushes. They are heavier, and maybe even have better finishes, but at least in the samples I have on hand, don't tend to work as well, or "feel" as good... The best side feed option I have found so far is the Master SB86. It is the same build as the 2cc and 9cc Pointzero brushes that I have written lots about. I have a bit more info on this brush on my FB page -
https://www.facebook.com/pg/davegs.airbrush.exploration/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1078632708908983

It can be a pretty nice brush - the one serious drawback is that is is quite long, especially in front of the trigger.

The Kkmoon is a different build from the PZ brushes. They are heavier, and maybe even have better finishes, but at least in the samples I have on hand, don't tend to work as well, or "feel" as good... The best side feed option I have found so far is the Master SB86. It is the same build as the 2cc and 9cc Pointzero brushes that I have written lots about. I have a bit more info on this brush on my FB page -
https://www.facebook.com/pg/davegs.airbrush.exploration/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1078632708908983

It can be a pretty nice brush - the one serious drawback is that is is quite long, especially in front of the trigger.
Cool. I hadnt seen those ones. I'd have a hard time paying $50 for a master though. I think I'd be more apt to just buy a vintage side feed first.

Cool. I hadnt seen those ones. I'd have a hard time paying $50 for a master though. I think I'd be more apt to just buy a vintage side feed first.
Yeah, I searched high and low for an unbranded version of this brush, which is how I wound up with the Kkmoon, and a couple others to boot. I also agree, I would not trade many of the Thayer Chandler Model A's I have picked up for under $30 for quite a few, very much more expensive brushes. As long as they still have a good nozzle, they are really hard to beat - and by far, most have been in decent shape when I received them.

Yeah, I searched high and low for an unbranded version of this brush, which is how I wound up with the Kkmoon, and a couple others to boot. I also agree, I would not trade many of the Thayer Chandler Model A's I have picked up for under $30 for quite a few, very much more expensive brushes. As long as they still have a good nozzle, they are really hard to beat - and by far, most have been in decent shape when I received them.
I've found them unbranded for a lot less, but no good US suppliers, just UK which negates the savings.
Theyre sold as bd-181a, or td-181a, or ab-181a

I think that would be a cool setup on the cheap, other than some annoyingly loose threads here and there I haven't had any any body/trigger/seal issues with my china cheapy, in fact the body has long outlasted my badger krome and the threads arent as bad as some of the ones on my krome either.
Again my krome was probably the exception but it's quality was pretty lacking

Ok, KKmoon sidefeed arrived today. Took about 20 days to reach me. The front end is total junk. It's so far off center you are at risk of squashing the nozzle why you put the cap on. So I put a micron head on it to see if it would spray, and it did very very good. So all I need to know now is if the 770 front end is on par with a Micron front?

Also the side feed is a bit different. You screw the gravity cup on but the bottom feed jar actually slides in and is held in place with a threaded collar. Took me a little bit to figure out just WTF was going on. Side feed didn't leak, though. The handle threads are so loose you wonder if they are running two different thread sizes, but it sinches up once tight.

Ok, KKmoon sidefeed arrived today. Took about 20 days to reach me. The front end is total junk. It's so far off center you are at risk of squashing the nozzle why you put the cap on. So I put a micron head on it to see if it would spray, and it did very very good. So all I need to know now is if the 770 front end is on par with a Micron front?

Also the side feed is a bit different. You screw the gravity cup on but the bottom feed jar actually slides in and is held in place with a threaded collar. Took me a little bit to figure out just WTF was going on. Side feed didn't leak, though. The handle threads are so loose you wonder if they are running two different thread sizes, but it sinches up once tight.
As far as anyone knows they are identical in every way apart from the nut at the base instead of serrations, and the finish.

I’m half tempted to send mine to DaveG and let him do a side by side comparison for fit as well as usage

I already have several ps770 heads, a half dozen nozzles, and as many needles - aside from surface finish, and cosmetic differences, like the hex head shape on the PS770 vs. the slim serrated edge of the Micron, they are literally identical.

I'll add to the conversation. I ordered the 770 head for my el-cheapo KKmoon side feed. It worked awesome. I actually replaced a .23 micron head with it and put the .23 on the KKmoon. I will NEVER buy a normal micron head assembly again. If I was doing it all over again I would just buy a bunch of PS-770's and call it a day.

Unfortunately the kkmoon side feed is horribly unbalanced and is 20 grams heavier than a cmc+.

I'll add to the conversation. I ordered the 770 head for my el-cheapo KKmoon side feed. It worked awesome. I actually replaced a .23 micron head with it and put the .23 on the KKmoon. I will NEVER buy a normal micron head assembly again. If I was doing it all over again I would just buy a bunch of PS-770's and call it a day.

Unfortunately the kkmoon side feed is horribly unbalanced and is 20 grams heavier than a cmc+.
Do you think the 770 is equal to the micron. I know Dave G thinks it is as well as others..I like mine a lot but she’s picky about wanting to be real clean for use. Or, could be my bad cleaning after use...lol

Do you think the 770 is equal to the micron. I know Dave G thinks it is as well as others..I like mine a lot but she’s picky about wanting to be real clean for use. Or, could be my bad cleaning after use...lol

I don't have the whole brush, but if the rest is as quality as the front I bought, it's a good bet it's equal.

As far as a clean brush, I'm a freak about it. Not because I like a clean brush, but it don't take squat to make these .18's run like garbage. All of a sudden it takes more and more work to get things to function for less and less time. Every single time I start having issues, I can do a cleaning of the nozzle assembly and find "stuff" that invariably caused my brush to run terribly.
I don't know if some people just don't have enough sensitivity to when a brush is starting to act up, but I've heard what I consider bad cleaning advice from even pros. Same guys you could clean their brush and find 7 different colors hiding in there.

Edit.. I have a few days left to spend some Ebay bucks, if I don't find anything before then I'll order a PS770

Last edited:
I don't have the whole brush, but if the rest is as quality as the front I bought, it's a good bet it's equal.

As far as a clean brush, I'm a freak about it. Not because I like a clean brush, but it don't take squat to make these .18's run like garbage. All of a sudden it takes more and more work to get things to function for less and less time. Every single time I start having issues, I can do a cleaning of the nozzle assembly and find "stuff" that invariably caused my brush to run terribly.
I don't know if some people just don't have enough sensitivity to when a brush is starting to act up, but I've heard what I consider bad cleaning advice from even pros. Same guys you could clean their brush and find 7 different colors hiding in there.

Edit.. I have a few days left to spend some Ebay bucks, if I don't find anything before then I'll order a PS770
Heck even with a .2 , I feel like I get a about a solid 15 minutes of optimal performance with wicked and only picking tip dry before it basically should be cleaned again to get its fullest capability. Ill run much longer but its not going to do its absolute best after that. I do everything I possibly can with a .3 and only start running the .2 when I get down to itty bitty details.
If im running strained automotive basepaint or even CI well, different story.

Guess it’s not just me then..my B plus is not picky at all..the creos like mentioned likes to be spotless. And when it is it sprays like a charm. Just a little more effort and I can keep it that way. It’s not a big deal really.

Heck even with a .2 , I feel like I get a about a solid 15 minutes of optimal performance with wicked and only picking tip dry before it basically should be cleaned again to get its fullest capability. Ill run much longer but its not going to do its absolute best after that. I do everything I possibly can with a .3 and only start running the .2 when I get down to itty bitty details.
If im running strained automotive basepaint or even CI well, different story.

I sometimes wondered If I was alone with these same issues.

Back