It is all up for grabs

No this has never happened to me in any way shape or form. I was semi-quoting what Igorscloset posted.
NO, I have the freedom to paint where I want (Within my property) and buy as many and whatever airbrushes I want. I will never, and nor should I ever need to ask permission to do this.

I've seen many posts by guys saying they wish they could get even a basic Iwata airbrush, but they need to ask permission and grovel to get it. Or they need to sneak it by her and make up some ludicrous story so she won't get mad. It's sad.

By the way, I'm watching one of Fred's Youtube vids right now. It's a shame we probably won't be getting any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah my apologies then, I hadn't realised you were expanding on something previously said. Though I'm not sure Igorcloset feels that way about it that you described, I'll leave that to him.

I'm sure there are people who sneak stuff by their partners, but mostly I think it's just different priorities. My hubs has a workshop full of welders, grinders, lifts etc, and I have mine full of ABing equipment, and a better compressor than him. But it didn't happen overnight, it's taken years, we might have wanted stuff, but we had a family to think of and that came first. When the opportunity came along to get a new tool or whatever then we got it, but he's the kind of man that won't spend £££££'s on something if it means his family go without something more important, which to me is what a parent does - male or female. I would love a micron, but right now we need to save our money for a new car - so no micron. I know if I said I really need one or I won't be able to improve or whatever, I could use the money and get one, but I won't, not because I think it's groveling, it's just not top priority right now.

I guess everyone has their reasons, or different ways of doing things. You may think people are "sad" but, maybe they just have different views, priorities and ways of doing things than you, and is not a reason for you to be insulting. I wouldn't automatically assume your way means you are selfish just because you are different to me.

No this has never happened to me in any way shape or form. I was semi-quoting what Igorscloset posted.
NO, I have the freedom to paint where I want (Within my property) and buy as many and whatever airbrushes I want. I will never, and nor should I ever need to ask permission to do this.

I've seen many posts by guys saying they wish they could get even a basic Iwata airbrush, but they need to ask permission and grovel to get it. Or they need to sneak it by her and make up some ludicrous story so she won't get mad. It's sad.

By the way, I'm watching one of Fred's Youtube vids right now. It's a shame we probably won't be getting any more.
That's called responsibility. While I don't live my life with someone telling me what I can and can't do, it's pretty common in a "standard" marriage. Partners are supposed to be equal so "permission" is asked. All about financial responsibility. My wife can't tell me what I can or can't do, but I still ask sometimes. Say no, I'll still do or get what I want. Selfish? Yes, but she knew what she was getting into and my situation is different. People are all different and see situations in their own interpretation. While you may disagree with equality in a marriage, many people don't. Not saying you do or don't, that's just the topic at hand. I do get what you were trying to say, but how you said it was a direct attack on many of us on the forum. Sometimes it's best to just hold your tongue, it's not your life it's affecting and it's between Fred and his wife. His hands aren't tied by her as you put, and it was very ignorant for you to say all that. If you paid a little more attention to the whole story, you would see that he made the decision, not her. Just know that even though this is "just a forum" that the majority of us are friends and consider each other extended families. You attack someone (knowingly or not) it's going to bite you in the ass. I was talking to another person on the forum about this post earlier and it physically enraged me. we all slip and make mistakes, but sometimes it takes the bigger person to say nothing at all. Water under the bridge now move on. Contribute or be silent. And now back to your regularly scheduled airbrushing forum.

Fred is selling all his airbrush equipment, not his soul. If/when he decides to get back into painting it he can just buy it all again. I really don't see the big deal. Being how he'd seem to be stuck in rut for a while this is probably the best thing for him. A good purge and some time will do him good. When he gets the time, space, and focus he'll be back.

Wow guys it is all good. Please don't get in a fight over me. While I appreciate the backing there is no need for anger.

Let me explain two things. First is the reason I gave up my studio area. The area I was painting in was right next to the living room and it is a an open floor plan so it always made the living space look messed up. Also the wife never asked me to do this it was a surprise so she would be happy about the way our house looked to guests. Secondly I have been going through a long time of struggling with what God's will for my life is. The first of which is my talent as an artist. I have peen perusing airbrush for 32 years and have always struggled to make it as an income. Also the subject matter I was always being asked to paint was contrary to my Christian beliefs and morals. I have prayed for guidance and have put my equipment up for sale in an effort to see what His direction for my art is to be. Being that it has not sold I am concluding that I am to still use the airbrush, but to seek a new direction within it.

In my life God is first, my family is second and I come last. I am the head of my household and I love my family as Christ Loved us. He loved us so much he was willing to come into this world and die for us on the cross and rise again so to pay the price for our sins. That is how I am to love my family and others. Be at peace all my friends, I will never not be the artist you know.

Wow guys it is all good. Please don't get in a fight over me. While I appreciate the backing there is no need for anger.

Let me explain two things. First is the reason I gave up my studio area. The area I was painting in was right next to the living room and it is a an open floor plan so it always made the living space look messed up. Also the wife never asked me to do this it was a surprise so she would be happy about the way our house looked to guests. Secondly I have been going through a long time of struggling with what God's will for my life is. The first of which is my talent as an artist. I have peen perusing airbrush for 32 years and have always struggled to make it as an income. Also the subject matter I was always being asked to paint was contrary to my Christian beliefs and morals. I have prayed for guidance and have put my equipment up for sale in an effort to see what His direction for my art is to be. Being that it has not sold I am concluding that I am to still use the airbrush, but to seek a new direction within it.

In my life God is first, my family is second and I come last. I am the head of my household and I love my family as Christ Loved us. He loved us so much he was willing to come into this world and die for us on the cross and rise again so to pay the price for our sins. That is how I am to love my family and others. Be at peace all my friends, I will never not be the artist you know.
Well said Fred! No one should ever feel ashamed for making sacrifices for their family and I will be looking forward to seeing your new direction with art!

Common Bossman, did u even really read his post. What I got out of it was: I, I, I - I have come to a point of contentment...; I have chosen...; I am selling... etc. The second thing I got out of it was that he wasn't getting totally out of it, he was holding some items back to keep in the game - HE HAS CHOSEN to downsize. As for how u live ur life that's ur business but this isn't ur post, it's Airbrush Dream's post - respect that! Fred, u just do what u feel God is telling u to do & u can't go wrong.

Fred, you are such a talent, I'm sorry to see your hanging up your brush for a while. You are such a spiritual man, you should just paint for yourself. Choose the topics that please you and you'll be surprised that there is an audience for it. Anyways, I wish you luck in whatever you choose. You will be missed around here for a while. I predict you'll be back though. :)

Interesting thread. It was my wife that encouraged me to do airbrushing and I'm grateful that she did because I'm loving it! :)

Wow I can't believe the response from all of you. I can only take this as God's response to prayer and that He is not done with me yet. I have had no offers to the purchase of my equipment so I guess it stays here. I will continue to paint, however I will be seeking His direction on how to use this talent for His glory. Bossman I never have groveled, but I may have pestered and nagged. LOL! I look at marriage as a partnership and both parties should agree upon things especially when I am no longer the bread winner since I have been on disability. By the way thanks for watching my airbrush videos. I am vary new at it so they are pretty bad plus I don't have a camera man so they are stuck to a one angle view. God bless ;)

Wow I can't believe the response from all of you. I can only take this as God's response to prayer and that He is not done with me yet. I have had no offers to the purchase of my equipment so I guess it stays here. I will continue to paint, however I will be seeking His direction on how to use this talent for His glory. Bossman I never have groveled, but I may have pestered and nagged. LOL! I look at marriage as a partnership and both parties should agree upon things especially when I am no longer the bread winner since I have been on disability. By the way thanks for watching my airbrush videos. I am vary new at it so they are pretty bad plus I don't have a camera man so they are stuck to a one angle view. God bless ;)

Exactly Fred, that's how it should be seen, anything I have now I have because my wife told me to get it and not because I asked for it, I may have planted the occasional seed here and there but like yourself I have my priorities in order.

You don't need to apologise for bad videos, your work and talent say it all so people will still appreciate your efforts no matter what.

I do hope you get to keep your stuff because you just never know what's around the corner, I've got rid of stuff in the past and then discovered I could have used it very soon after.

I wish you and your partner all the best whatever happens and I hope you will stay among us, there are always many who can benefit from your knowledge and as you well know, a big part of having a Christian outlook is your ability and willingness to help others even when your back is to the wall, it's always your decision but certainly those of us who have had the time to get to know you will miss you.

I'm not a great believer in the god thing, but i admire any man with morals and a belief of anything.. its personal. Use your talent to paint what you see fit mate. Dont sell your gear, put it in storage or downsize you will live with regret if you sell. How about doing stuff and donate it to your local churches, remember to sign it. The rewards could be both spiritual and financial.

Greetings Fred, just watched your video on the Big Horn. I didn't think the painting was very good at all - but I did think it was absolutely fantastic!! That was one of THE best that I have seen. I am new at ABing, in fact, just picked up my Badger Anthem 155 & Badger 180-11 compressor yesterday for $125. Took the gun apart because it didn't look very clean , I was right! Dry paint all through it. Got 95% clean but still have some very stubborn paint at the tip of the needle. Once I get it clean then its on to lines, dots & daggers - then the Big Horn the day after - lol!
Again awesome job Fred, thanks for posting them & God bless.

Back