iwata eclips hp-cs solvent proof?

Well, seems that I had a good amount of luck, 'cause nothing happened. The nozzle tip is perfectly centered, no bubbles in the cup (even at high psi) and sprays smooth as ever. Great airbrush the Eclipse HP-CS it is!.

Fiuu :drunk:

Lucky you lol :)

I got a Eclipse SBS side feed that i got almost brand new from Ebay, it cost me about 70 Euros and i like it alot too.
Specialy i like that its also very easy to disasemble and to clean like the Harder and Steenbek too .

DAAAMNNNNN!!!, I DID IT YESTERDAY! :'( I havn't tested it again since then, now I have to wait to get home and test if I totally messed it. Why do they put the wrench if it's not supposed to be disassembled??!!!!

At first it struck me that the nozzle was smaller than I spected with the pictures. Now I realize that the rest of the nozzle is behind that little thingie that you shouldn't unscrew :'( :'(

In the instructions say: "use the provided wrench to extract the nozzle", but they provide that little wrench, not the huge one needed to unscrew the big nozzle cap!

maybe can be fix with plumber tape. i used it a lot when rubber packing worn out. spare part not cheap...

maybe can be fix with plumber tape. i used it a lot when rubber packing worn out. spare part not cheap...

mine came sealed with some kind of beeswax or other similar thick sticky product. I left it like that and then tested for air leaks. None so far!.

I've used Vaseline it with my PTFE ABs as a lubricant and protector, as I read somewhere that was great. It works for me, but I'm waiting to get my hands in the super lube (from iwata), as I've read that it's better. Beware, though, as Vaseline does not get along well with regular o-rings (non PTFE/solvent-proof), it dries and breaks them eventually.

to protect my 'o' ring i usually use machine oil. lube it every total cleaning.

to protect my 'o' ring i usually use machine oil. lube it every total cleaning.

You would be better off using KY jelly than machine oil. Machine oil will get into places that is should not be and will ruin O-rings , I made that mistake when I first started airbrushing and ended up have to rebuild my airbrush air valve do to the oil ate the o-ring and it would not let air through. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

I read in wikipedia that KY jelly is glicerine based, how about pure glicerine?, somebody using that to lube your ABs?

I read in wikipedia that KY jelly is glicerine based, how about pure glicerine?, somebody using that to lube your ABs?

I havent heard about that if glicerine would work. I use Needle Juice from Badger, its way cheaper then the lube from Iwata and i think it works good. I use it for the whole airbrush
parts that have to move smooth.

Glycerin is the base for most water base lubs and it can be used to lube an AB.

after several hours of testing my new gun. its really smooth.
yesterday im airbrushing for 5 hrs, using urethane base paint and solvent base reducer. i could not remove some of the paint on my needle. using same reducer also i cant get it off.
i think i want to polish my needle.....
is needle polishing is good. i think i want to use metal polisher for this one.

Back