Iwata Eclipse HP-CS or Badger Renegade Krome

R

Richard Carlisle

I've narrowed it down to these two. They both seem like top quality brushes. Lots of people using both, although most of the videos I see they are using Iwata. The Iwata has a slight advantage in that I can have it now from Hobby Lobby at 40% off, which makes it less than ordering online. But...If the Krome is a better brush, I can wait.

I think you'll find most here will say the HP-CS so if you've got 40% off coupon its a bonus.

Either are a good decision, you won't make the wrong one. For the price, go the eclipse - great work horse!

I'm going other way - badger always get my vote. Amazing customer service. I have had a krome 6years. Nothing more than replacong a few neeedles and nossels needed due to normal usage.
It stopped working a few days ago (expected wear and tear) o-ring needs replacing asked for advice on what part I needed to order and badger said they will send me out the whole assembly for the air valve for free.
Not many companies do that.
But again each to their own. My choices are always made on customer service basis. And obviously being treated like that cheers me up too.

I agree,neither is a bad choice but personally I would lean toward the Iwata as I think their quality just pips Badger and the CS is a tough and forgiving workhorse.

Some claim that they can get Micron quality lines from a Krome. If that is true, the Krome is the winner. If not, the CS all the way.

i cant imagine a krome pulling micron lines event tweaking needle set ups i still find its slightly wider lines but the sotar with a ultra fine needle set up will easliy i can get the finest of lines that way- had a stand off with an artist using a micron at a demo i did- he swore by iwata and his micron out preforming the sotar he was shocked at the size of lines oi could get it to do- he still reconed iwata was best though lol - each to their own though.

Yup... the ability to pull fine lines is mostly the operator... then assisted by the tool... :) IMHO

Eclipse for me! Not an all out detail brush, but it can pull some really fine lines, the more you work with it the more you'll get out of it, plus can do slightly bigger areas, was my only brush for close to 3 years and did everything with it, and it's still going strong. Even with a micron now, I would never be without it. A lot of brush for the money.

My vote is for the Eclipse as well. Can't speak to the Krome's capabilities as I don't have one, but my general experience with Badger is their brushes are a bit "dirtier" in construction, and the needles & nozzles are made of more fragile materials than Iwata's.

I.e.: comparisons of their respective abilities aside, in general an Iwata brush will be more durable and more forgiving to maintain than a Badger brush.

I have both and can do pretty much anything with either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both and I think the badger is better. I get cleaner lines easier and I can get better detail with it. My iwata feels sturdier without a doubt but that also makes it more tiresome on the hands when your holding it for hours. The trigger kind of clicks on the iwata compared to the badger which let's me vary the air pressure just a slightly (and i mean vary little) with the trigger. I'm new to the Iwata tho so it may just be me when it comes tho the lines and I'm talking about hairlines.

I have both, and there is little difference to me. Get some good lube to keep the action smooth on whatever you choose.

I never tried a Krome, but my HP-BCS is my gun of choice

Back