Iwata hp-c plus -facts and opinions please

Wow the grex valve i saw was on american amazon for $29. But says cannot ship internationally.
On amazon uk they are charging £63.75 + £3.75 deliveryo_O
There were two other alternatives an iwata fixed valve for £23 ish and a gothobby quick connect valve for £31 ish.
I,ll check machine mart im sure they will be cheaper.

Try Lion Art here in holland http://www.lion-art.nl/contents/en-uk/d45.html

if there are a few items that you are looking for and theyre hard to find then it might be worth checking out coast airbrush, they've got the grex mac valve for US$25

they don't appear to have the grex quick connect though, I don't know how good the 'generic' ones are.... have you used them before Malky ?

Just checked out the coast airbrush site.
Think i,ll be using them, even with shipping costs it works out £30 cheaper than buying in britain.

I've even ordered from them (I'm in Australia)..... I made sure the order was worth paying freight..... just look around their site, you may find other little odds and sods that are light weight that you either cant get in UK or are significantly cheaper

Do not get a no-name brand quick coupling combo. The lowest quality you should get is Sparmax. I have a small review here.

Here are the two ways you can set them up. I would go where everything is in the hose. But with the bullet on the gun, it gives you a nice grip. I've found that with the trap between the valve and the gun, you get a burst of air with the initial push of the trigger. This is because even though you turn down the pressure with the valve, pressure builds up in the trap and when you push the trigger you get a bit higher air. And then the trap is before the valve, you still get all the air pressure that can move moisture into the trap.

EDIT: And with the trap attached to the gun it is a huge item to store unless you take the trap off every time.

grip_filter_01.JPG

grip_filter_02.JPG

Last edited:
I'm set up like your 2nd picture and never noticed any issue and I can honestly say I've never had moisture in my filter.
I run a coiled hose at ground level from my compressor (regulated but no filter) into a regulator/moisture trap that's fixed about 20cm off the floor, then to the standard air hose to mini moisture filter,Mac valve, brush

Back