iwata NEO

P

Peter1985

Any one had any experience using the NEO. Looking at buying one i have the iwata hpcp and its a very good brush true work horse. i know the seals in the neo are not teflon but i only use createx wicked and createx cleaning agents. how would the seals last. have bought cheap airbrushes before with seals and they do not last long. I'm hoping the neo might be different with parts easy enough to get. or should i just bight the bullet and spend a little more. i do interchange between colors so I'm hopping with a couple of neos it will save time between co9lor changes and clean outs. i do keep my brush in excellent working order so I'm hopping if i look after the cheap neos they should last a while. i said a while hahahahahaha.

Hmmm, you might find that an exercise in frustration... What is the cost difference between a neo and the Iwata eclipse...

Here in Aus the neo is 60 dollars the iwata eclipse which i have used is around 150 dollars
Hmmm, you might find that an exercise in frustration... What is the cost difference between a neo and the Iwata eclipse...

Keep in mind that the Neo is made FOR Iwata, not made BY Iwata.
I know the NEO is not made buy iwata. But i thought being backed buy iwata it might be a better then average brush. From what i have read it is very hit and miss with people saying its great to other people saying its absoulte garbage.

Here in Aus the neo is 60 dollars the iwata eclipse which i have used is around 150 dollars

I had had the Neo peter and loved it, most of my earlier success were thanks to it, but like any bottom range brush they can be hit and miss, I was lucky, as Jackie said Iwata don't make them but licence a Chinese company to use the Iwata name, while this isn't a problem, the problems come when you need spares, I dropped my Neo and bust the nozzle and needle then found out it was just as expensive to fix than any middle range Iwata, so I didn't want to throw big money at a small money brush and bought full pedigree Iwata instead, huge difference in performance despite having had no trouble with the Neo.

So my advice is unless you are seriously strapped for cash and save the funds, forget the Neo, since you already have an Iwata, buying a Neo would mean you going backwards instead of forward.

I just recently bought an Iwata eclipse side feed, same one as in Mitch's soft spring video, being a side feed you can use Aztec cups instead of Iwata cups which are far cheaper if you want quick colour changes, cheaper cups will have far less affect on performance than a cheaper brush.

I had had the Neo peter and loved it, most of my earlier success were thanks to it, but like any bottom range brush they can be hit and miss, I was lucky, as Jackie said Iwata don't make them but licence a Chinese company to use the Iwata name, while this isn't a problem, the problems come when you need spares, I dropped my Neo and bust the nozzle and needle then found out it was just as expensive to fix than any middle range Iwata, so I didn't want to throw big money at a small money brush and bought full pedigree Iwata instead, huge difference in performance despite having had no trouble with the Neo.

So my advice is unless you are seriously strapped for cash and save the funds, forget the Neo, since you already have an Iwata, buying a Neo would mean you going backwards instead of forward.

I just recently bought an Iwata eclipse side feed, same one as in Mitch's soft spring video, being a side feed you can use Aztec cups instead of Iwata cups which are far cheaper if you want quick colour changes, cheaper cups will have far less affect on performance than a cheaper brush.
Hey thank you so much for your honset opion i might just save a little more and go for the ecplise. As i said i have used the airbrush before but not side fed and i think its a great brush just like my hpcp. Might bite the bullet and save. Cheers thanks

Hey thank you so much for your honset opion i might just save a little more and go for the ecplise. As i said i have used the airbrush before but not side fed and i think its a great brush just like my hpcp. Might bite the bullet and save. Cheers thanks

Wise decision, simply save for the side feed and get the cheap aztec cups, for speed reliable consistency is the key, and the Neo just won't provide that, I don't have any specific time needs since it's a hobby so I didn't mind the over regular cleaning with the Neo, one thing I forgot is that Neo also has the fidgety small nozzle unlike the easy drop in nozzle the Eclipse has.

I saw in another thread you were asking about cheap paint, forget that, if you are going spend money on a good brush it would be wiser to just order a hammer along with brush and do the damage from the offset, ;) airbrush specific paint is expensive everywhere I'm afraid, it's just something we all have to put up with:) it's better to try to sell little simple items of your work to recuperate the cost of your paints than risk your tools on cheaper solutions:thumbsup:

Wise decision, simply save for the side feed and get the cheap aztec cups, for speed reliable consistency is the key, and the Neo just won't provide that, I don't have any specific time needs since it's a hobby so I didn't mind the over regular cleaning with the Neo, one thing I forgot is that Neo also has the fidgety small nozzle unlike the easy drop in nozzle the Eclipse has.

I saw in another thread you were asking about cheap paint, forget that, if you are going spend money on a good brush it would be wiser to just order a hammer along with brush and do the damage from the offset, ;) airbrush specific paint is expensive everywhere I'm afraid, it's just something we all have to put up with:) it's better to try to sell little simple items of your work to recuperate the cost of your paints than risk your tools on cheaper solutions:thumbsup:
I do agree with you. Im trying to sound cheap. Like everyone else i can not see the value on spending 60 au dollars on a set 4 to 5 paints. Working class of a family 4 just trying to save a buck. But i do agree with you if you want quality you have to spend money and i have to say my hpcp and wicked paints are great just the price tag sucks.

I ment to say im not trying to sound cheap

LOL, no one tries to sound cheap, but because of the cost of a lot of the stuff we use, we generally moan a lot about it so we all sound cheap without even trying, lol, but it's better to moan about the cost of the materials than moan about the cost of the damage inferior stuff could do:thumbsup:

Many of us have all kinds of mistakes during the learning process, it stings when these mistakes cost us money but if we can spare at least one poor unsuspecting bugger a little money (and time) by helping them avoid the same mistakes then our money was well spent:)

I am so cheap they wrote a song about me "chirpy chirpy, cheap cheap", tighter than a ducks bum, give me a piece of coal and Ill turn it into a diamond cheap, and that is why I went for the Iwata eclipse. After buying cheap and then spending good money after bad and still ending up without a decent brush, I finally realised it was a false economy and bit the bullet with the eclipse. Best move I ever made, an awesome brush, which actually saves you money in the long run as they are tough as old boots and last forever, and unless you like to use your ab to stab things, or play darts with, or use as a javelin, very rarely need new parts.

Back