Iwata quality?

hmmmm makes me nervous about side fit push fit cups. want to get a Takumi Micron, thats what got me to thinking that surely eventually the cups will get loose ?

just seen this thread. is something i was thinking about, dont the side cups wear out either the body or the cup stem and if you are not lucky drop out full of paint when you least expect it. i have not used or held a side cup so am just spitballin here...
They’re a friction fit yes, but you’d have to be doing a LOT of changing of cups for it to wear to the point they no longer fit.
Don’t use a ton of force when engaging the cup. Just push it in, a little twist to get the cup opening in the right direction and off you go.

and off you go.... thats what am worried about :)

just kidding, i know thousands of these brushes are being used for many many years with no issues

hmmmm makes me nervous about side fit push fit cups. want to get a Takumi Micron, thats what got me to thinking that surely eventually the cups will get loose ?
let me see - the side feed airbrush has been around since @1904. I have several that are about that old, and yet I have only maybe once seen an issue with wear enough to cause an issue. Some people are just ham fisted, ya know...

let me see - the side feed airbrush has been around since @1904. I have several that are about that old, and yet I have only maybe once seen an issue with wear enough to cause an issue. Some people are just ham fisted, ya know...
you have some brushes from around 1904 , wow ! mine is from 2022 and i thought that was a bit old :)

hehehehe, yes, I have a "few" from the early half of the 20th century ;)
You should do an exhibition of your AB. would be very interesting see all your old classics and modified and customs ones under 'one digital roof' so to speak.

Back