Iwata revolution trigger issue

S

Susi

Hello..asking for help again, guys and gals.. I have Iwata revolution hp-cr, the trigger keeps jamming and leaves air open which obviously (lol) is an issue when paint is spraying all over the place if I don't push the trigger up with my finger fast enough. After cleaning and fully assembling the brush together it works for awhile. But just for awhile. Any ideas? Is this a common issue with revolution? I'm hoping to upgrade the brush regardless and if, by any chance you'd have a recommendation and could tell your opinion of possibly buying used airbrush...please share Thank you in advance, I hope I can someday, somehow, help someone myself.

I had a similar issue with my Eclipse. It was from paint getting past the needle seal into the trigger and air valve parts making the trigger stick.

It wasn't because my needle seal needed to be adjusted, it was from backflushing to mix paint with the lid on. I don't do that anymore :)

The air valve has a rubber o-ring that could be at fault. Or it may just need super lube.

Have you removed the air valve stem to inspect it?

like jooseph said sounds like paint getting past the packing,its an easy fix take the airbrush apart and first give it a good cleaning along with taking out the air valve ,Then with a small screwdriver reach thru the back of the air brush and tighten the packing nut about an 8th of a turn, clean and reinsert the air valve and put the airbrush back together with a drop of lube on the air valve you should be good to go

Ohhh! Thanks guys! I knew I'd find help here I'll do a good clean up tomorrow and I tend to back flush with cleaner when changing colors..that might actually be it. Thank you soooo much, I started to get totally frustrated

Ohhh! Thanks guys! I knew I'd find help here I'll do a good clean up tomorrow and I tend to back flush with cleaner when changing colors..that might actually be it. Thank you soooo much, I started to get totally frustrated
Yea just a slight ajustment to the packing nut should do it

because my go to brush doesn't have a lid, I will hold a tissue over the top when backflushing when mixing paint, I've always got a tissue in my hand for tip picking so its no biggy.
worse thing I ever did was put super lube on the air valve piston. wound up destroying the o-ring, now I just use beeswax chapstick for anything that needs lubing.

Back