jkj2000 from California..

jkj2000

Young Tutorling
Hi everyone,

I'm new to airbrushing, but have hopes of doing muscle car models and airplanes at some point.

Another reason for my entering the field is I have a number of old toolboxes I'm restoring, and when doing the drawers, and nooks and crannies, even a detail HVLP gun can't get to the tight spots deep in the back, so to go the extra mile I'll be airbrushing single stage urethane and clearcoat in those recesses.

I've made one post so far and a bunch of great responses, so to quote Humphrey Bogart, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

welcome aboard,
helping each other is what we do here. some have been around since this forum started, some have been here a week but the majority of us all have the same desire for good karma and what goes around comes around.
Help is only ever a keyboard away. sometime it may take awhile to get an answer (talking hours not days) but someone will eventually come along.

what sort of paint and airbrush are you currently using ?

welcome aboard,
helping each other is what we do here. some have been around since this forum started, some have been here a week but the majority of us all have the same desire for good karma and what goes around comes around.
Help is only ever a keyboard away. sometime it may take awhile to get an answer (talking hours not days) but someone will eventually come along.

what sort of paint and airbrush are you currently using ?

I picked up a TCP Global Master S622 siphon feed set with three tips (0.3, 0.5, 0.8) and have been on the airbrushes forum here looking for help with why it's not spraying material, just air. I also have a Badger Patriot 105 for if I want to do finer work. Thinking of getting a Badger Crescendo 175 as well, again for heavier materials and 'bulk' painting.

I do have two other airbrushes I hardly ever used-- they're from Eastwood, the automotive restoration shop, and were part of a kit with an oiless compressor. I got the set for I believe $150 a few years ago and it was a mistake. Eastwood _does_ have good products but these were rebadged Chinese pieces of garbage and back then I didn't know any better. I suppose the gravity-feed brush is ok, but the siphon feed one gums up even when spraying reduced AutoAir waterborne paint and cleaning it is a real pain.

Welcome from the UK. A great bunch of peeps here to help with any airbrush questions, plus hopefully have a few smiles along the way. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure we can help you out with any issues you may have. Enjoy your stay with us.

Lee

Back