Just an intro

A

astrix

Howdy all,
my name is gary and I'm in upstate NY.
I've been dabbling with airbrush for a while, but want to
get serious with it now.my interests would be mostly illustration type art
mostly on canvas and illustration board and some shirts.
I have a few brushes, an eclipse -cs, an hpb+,a neo bcn for shirts
and a h&s evo silverline.I have a large veriety of paints to get started with
com-art, golden hi-flow, createx illustration, ph martins liquid acrylics,
and etac efx.I have etac tnt for shirts.i have a California air tools 8 gal compressor
which is really quiet I like a lot.
I'm sure i'll have lots of questions for you guys, but just
wanted to say hello and introduce myself for now.
p.s. I realize I need to stay with one paint system while learning, but
want to play with them all to see what suits me best before
commiting to one system.

Welcome from Australia Gary
there are so many options available that it can be overwhelming from time to time. That's where we come in....... a lot of us have 'been there done that' and if we haven't we know one of the members who has....
I think you'll find that you'll discover what paint works for you on a particular surface. some are better at textiles, others excel at fine art, but what is fine for me may not suit you, that's why there are so many choices and it really is trial and error.
Climate also comes into play, if its humid where you are then your paint choice will likely be different (or at least different reductions) than someone who lives where is bone dry.....

play around with one substrate and then play with the paint, label each with what paint you used, then you can see how it all comes together.

let the fun begin lol

Welcome to the Forum Gary,If you have a question just post it up In the forum and someone will be along to help you out!

Welcome to the forum! What part of upstate? I'm originally from Oneonta myself...

Welcome to the forum Gary, lots of fun but some frustration to come while your testing. Don't let yourself get too frustrated, we're here if you need help. Just ask any questions you want and we will try to answer them.

Lee

Back