Just getting started.

M

Myopicoracle

Hello everyone.

So I dont have a lot of airbrush experience. I have dabbled (let me stress dabbled) before previously, and I think I have a badger patriot laying around here somewhere. I really cannot draw. In fact, I can screw up a stick figure without a stencil. But I once watched some videos on spray painting, and I was so inspired and LOVED the colors. So I tried it.FullSizeRender.jpg
Not much to look at I know, but I had a good time making it.

The problem is: Now I work night shift, and I cant spray paint inside. So I thought I might give airbrushing another go. I am absolutely amazed at the space pictures done by airbrush! I plan on painting on poster board to start with maybe some harder surfaces later. I am a little unsure of which paints to get though for the really vibrant colors. I was thinking auto air to use on the glossy side of the poster board?

Anyway, I will chat with you guys soon!

welcome from Australia
where in space do you call home ? what sort of paints are you using, Youre not alone in your lack of drawing ability but with the support of the forum you'll be amazed at what you can produce

welcome from Australia
where in space do you call home ? what sort of paints are you using, Youre not alone in your lack of drawing ability but with the support of the forum you'll be amazed at what you can produce

Atm, not using any paint. Im getting ready to place an order but I cannot decide between wicked or auto air.

Atm, not using any paint. Im getting ready to place an order but I cannot decide between wicked or auto air.
either will do what you want to do.( Sorry I didn't read your first post properly) most here use Createx but there are many other choices if its 'just art' and not tshirt or vehicles you are interested in paint on

Hi there from the UK! any airbrush paint should work on posterboard I think. Popular choices apart from those you've mentioned are E'tac PS, E'tac fx, Com -art, Golden, Createx Illustration. I am a big fan of Wicked, but that is because it is a paint that can be used on many surfaces, it needs a little more reduction than some others because it has a lot of pigment, but that is also what gives it awesome colour. E'tac PS is another multi surface paint. If you are only going to be painting on the posterboard though, then E'tac fx, Createx Illustration or com-art are probably your best bet. Also take into account, what is going to be easily available to you. If you have a supplier nearby that sells one particular brand, it could come handy if you should suddenly run out of anything.

Welcome aboard! Wicked or AA just fine to start with,same paint company, different pigments

Welcome to the forum, I would go for Wicked or Createx Illustration, they are both from the same company and use similar vibrant coloured pigment but use a different binder/carrier due to what the paints are used for. They should both work in your airbrush its just a matter of dialing it in and getting your paint mixture correct. We're here to help in any way we can so enjoy your stay with us.

Lee

Back