Just got my Micron CM-C

jagardn

Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient
I've held of temptation for quite some time now, but I finally ordered a Micron.
Can't wait to put some time behind it this weekend. :)

Iwata-CMC.jpg

Congratulations, got my CM-SB from Santa too, had a quick spray with it, it atomises so nicely. Can't wait to have a proper go.

Lee

Welcome to Micron nation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

After opening this thing and looking at the paint cup, I will probably be sending it back and getting the CM-C Plus. I didn't realize the base of the paint cup on this thing was the size of the Grand Canyon. Just of the base of it alone probably holds 2ml of paint. I know it says that it holds large volumes of paint, but I didn't think the entire body would be hollowed out. :concern:
Iwata-CMC_Cup.jpg

Congats, you b@st@rd!!!! Ok, so I'm a little jealous, does it show:friendly_wink:?

Ok, I just got my return process completed and getting a CM-C Plus for Monday Delivery. I was going to try it out, but seeing the size of the paint cavern, for what I do, that would be major overkill.
I am really hoping this is the end of my Airbrush purchasing addiction, I now have two each of the major manufacturers. LOL

I am considering a cease in purchases, I've even given a couple of my unbranded ones away. When you get almost 20 I think its a bit of over kill and maybe a trip to an AA meeting is neccessary lol.

Lee

That is the reason I went with the CMC+ in the first place was dew to that grand canyon...But still congrats on getting a Micron.

That is the reason I went with the CMC+ in the first place was dew to that grand canyon...But still congrats on getting a Micron.

Yeah, that was a bit unexpected, the term "Throwing a hot dog down a hallway" comes to mind. If I knew it took that much paint to get it going, no way in hell I would have got the CM-C to begin with.
I figured the inside of the cup was similar to the CM-C Plus, I didn't need a MAC Valve or the Opening for the needle chuck. That's why I went with it in the first place.....Oops, lesson learned.

Well like you I did not need the mac valve but now I am in love with the dang thing.. the needle stop is laying in the box cause the dang thing always fell out anyway..So I just left it out.

Well like you I did not need the mac valve but now I am in love with the dang thing.. the needle stop is laying in the box cause the dang thing always fell out anyway..So I just left it out.

I have the HP-CH, the only thing I use the MAC valve for is a finger rest for distancing. LOL I use an external one, so I can adjust all my brushes with the same one.

I have the HP-CH, the only thing I use the MAC valve for is a finger rest for distancing. LOL I use an external one, so I can adjust all my brushes with the same one.

I do too but with the mac valve I can drop it on the CMC+ and not have to change it for the other brushes..
But yes it does make a nice finger rest:D

I agree send it back not like you don't have any airbrushes , That canyon looks like its a great place for paint to get hung up and hard to clean besides i don't like that cup design any way . Iam looking forward to trying out my new micron cmc plus but mine will have to wait for the snails to get done lol personal business . can any body post a pictur3e of the inside of the cmc plus?

I agree send it back not like you don't have any airbrushes , That canyon looks like its a great place for paint to get hung up and hard to clean besides i don't like that cup design any way . Iam looking forward to trying out my new micron cmc plus but mine will have to wait for the snails to get done lol personal business . can any body post a pictur3e of the inside of the cmc plus?

I already ordered the CM-C Plus. Arrives on Monday. Yeah, that paint cup had all kinds of negatives for me.

once you master this tool.. you will never use another airbrush.

I hope that's not true, I'll have 5 other very expensive paper weights. LOL

me too.. but i always fall back on the micron,, i think is because of the super sensitive trigger.... but damn i just cant switch out...

Congrats Jeff, can't wait to see what you think of the plus. I ended up getting about $455 for xmas that I was planning on putting towards the micron cmc+. My main brushes are the Hp-ch and Hp-c+ so the micron should be a very nice addition to the family. I see you have the same brushes and am looking forward to your review when you get the new one.

Back