just starting out

L

lapainter

Do you have to be able to draw good to air brush? I just picked up a neo for $40 at a hobby store. i didnt want to spend alot on one just to see if i like it or any good at it. any info will help thanks

Well you don't really need to draw good :) It helps aye, but this still don't change so much I guess. You'll need to work out your control and paint a lot :) It's a different technique :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

I have no real drawing skills so I rely on stencils to give me the basic outline then freehand the rest. I have only been doing the for three weeks or so and here is the difference in 3 weeks. I am still working on the flame one but you get the idea.
488241_514918718522608_2041160673_n.jpgfirst try.jpg

you can also use an over head projector, the kind they used to have at school...... you can use paper or transparents on it to enlarge any image you want

thanks for the help. yea i can draw a little but will be useing mostly stencils to. do yall have any input on the neo will it be a good starter brush or only make it hard to learn? i should have some time in the next couple days to playwith it a little and ill post some pics.

I havnt used one myself, but from what i can glean from others it is perfect for starting out, small enough nozzle to do a bit of detail, big enough not to be a pain in the ass clogging all the time. no thrills or frills just a perfect entry level brush. good luck and can not wait to see what you can produce.

oh....... also.... stencils are an excellent way to actually get some pieces done, they at least allow you to create something reasonable while learning how to operate the brush., however stencil pieces look like stencil pieces, so maybe try some stencils to get the basic shape on paper(or what ever you a\re painting on) then work a lil free hand over the top

thanks for the help. yea i can draw a little but will be useing mostly stencils to. do yall have any input on the neo will it be a good starter brush or only make it hard to learn? i should have some time in the next couple days to playwith it a little and ill post some pics.

Hello and welcome to the forum :) . The Neo is a very good airbrush for the money. I started out with a cheap set of a compressor and a chinese airbrush, and then bought the Neo 2 weeks later.
The Neo was so much better then the airbrush i had that time, and the excercises worked out much better with the Neo.

Do you have to be able to draw good to air brush? I just picked up a neo for $40 at a hobby store. i didnt want to spend alot on one just to see if i like it or any good at it. any info will help thanks
get familiar with the nuances, do the exercises in the tutorial and learn especially maintenance to not have problems during the tests.

If you want to be original, then yes you need to be able to draw. If like me, you just copy from pictures, then no. Just paint what you see.

Back