Krome (waiting for stock) or Harder & Steenbeck CR Plus 2 in 1...

my poor infinity does stil work fine its just i belive if i had a ruber o ring under the nozzle it wood work much better as for getting another one there's always a chance depending on how much money i am getting next month and whats ging to happen with going to Florida. i was refering to how you can pull super fine lines a few times and thain not be able and it has nothing to do with a dirty needle tip or cap, i just dont trust teflon aldso in my earlier adventures with clog tex and wicked paint i had to clean out allot of dried paint and i believe i accidentally scratched the area where the nozzle seals against the body. I did manage to repair it by polishing it out . the body of the infinity is some what scratched the fancy gold plated ring that holds in the trigger assembly is worn off. I am thinking of definatly buying a cr pluss in the future but id trather get an iwata hp side feed and the badger 100 side feed and experiment with different heads. (just for fun) after all i do have a micron . one thing to say about the infinity i practice script writing allot and i have done awesome stuff with the infinity also some real super fine lines . the problem i find wirh it is when doing fine stuff i never use the cap and if you touch the canvas once the soft fragile needle is bent. that doesn't happen with the micron

if your asaying your krome doesnt sap ray properly and you havent used it i would defiantly send it back to badger . my krome works flawlessly both set ups

The .33 set up I just dont like. The blunt tip needle and just how it sprays. The .21 setup sprays great. Just surprised its so different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The .33 set up I just dont like. The blunt tip needle and just how it sprays. The .21 setup sprays great. Just surprised its so different.

Yup, me too. The blunt tip gives no way to use the .33 for any type of detail. The Patriot .75 sprays a finer cleaner line than the Krome .33, and is capable of laying down paint like a firehose.
I don't use the .33 on the Krome anyway, my Patriot is my workhorse.
My favorite all purpose is still my Infinity .4, it is capable of pretty fine detail and is a great workhorse.

Try Webairbrushes.com for the Krome. This is Badger's retail site. There is a post on the site stating there is a 4 week wait for the Krome due to popular demand. If you put in "Wickedjeff" on check out, you'll get 40% off the list price on anything you order. I really like the krome and the Velocity just as well. Actually, I prefer the internals of the Velocity over the Krome. Other than the slightly different internal parts and the Krome is supposed to have a softer spring (doesn't feel softer to me) , if you don't mind the gun metal finish of the Velocity, it spray as good as the Krome. Krome and Velocity have the same needle, nozzle, and regulator, which is really the business end of the airbrush.

That is a bit strange that the same cap is used for .2 and .15
I have only the .15 so i didn't know that the same air cap is used.
Yes it could be the problem that the gap between the nozzle and air cap is to small.
Odd for a firm like H&S to make such a mistake.
looks like you'll need an extra cap for the .2 and modify the hole :)

The problem was that I got a bad .2mm Nozzle. It was brand new out of the box, I contacted Harder and Steenbeck, they are sending me a replacement.

The first thing I did was try the same test I did in the video with my Evolution AL Plus .2mm, it worked fine and didn't miss a beat.

I put the same Air Cap and Nozzle in my AL Plus that failed in my Infinity, it was bad in the Evolution too.

I changed the .2mm nozzle(Evolution AL one) using the original Infinity Air Cap, it was fine.

No matter which combination I tried in the Infinity and Evolution, the new Nozzle I bought was the common problem.

i was actualy messing around with my krome today that thing is very close to the micron only thing i think the micron has a much softer atomization to it

i was actualy messing around with my krome today that thing is very close to the micron only thing i think the micron has a much softer atomization to it

I had both of mine going today too. Micron has much better control and spray pattern. The krome is great for its price point. But a micron is still far superior.

I had my heart set on buying myself the cm-c+ for Christmas then I joined here this week and read tons of good things about the krome which I've never even heard of. I have all Iwatas so I never searched outside my comfort zone. I do like the price difference but I have xmas money coming so it isn't that big of a deal to buy the micron. Lots more research to do yet.

I had my heart set on buying myself the cm-c+ for Christmas then I joined here this week and read tons of good things about the krome which I've never even heard of. I have all Iwatas so I never searched outside my comfort zone. I do like the price difference but I have xmas money coming so it isn't that big of a deal to buy the micron. Lots more research to do yet.

Well then buy both... that way you know for yourself...Plus the Krome come with the adapter so the Iwata air line will fit it , So no new hose to buy...

theres one left on amazon right now for 101 with free shipping if i had my money right now i would have bought it with out thinking twice it is an awesome ab but if you realy want an ab that will blow your mind its the micron also the velocity is very close to the krome same needle nozzle

How can a brush that's getting this many stellar reviews only be worth $100??? Maybe I'm just used to paying for the high end Iwatas. Honestly I'm very very curious at how well this krome handles, and for $100 I'll just have to get the krome and the micron.

Let me apologize for stating it was $100, just checked a website "webairbruses.com" and it lists the krome for $194. I was going by the listing mentioned in an earlier post on amazon. I'm still considering nonetheless.

How can a brush that's getting this many stellar reviews only be worth $100??? Maybe I'm just used to paying for the high end Iwatas. Honestly I'm very very curious at how well this krome handles, and for $100 I'll just have to get the krome and the micron.

It does perform really well, as good as an HP-CH or better. Every time someone asks about buying one I always say it's the best bang for the buck, which in my opinion it is. Should you question why the Krome is selling so cheap, or why the Iwata's are so expensive. Iwata's are very high quality, so are Badgers. They are made of different materials, the Iwata raw materials probably cost more. The needles and nozzles on the Badger are not as hard of a material, but if you treat the stuff right, you won't be damaging any of the parts anyway. I have never damaged a Krome needle, I bent 3 Iwata ones, not because of any quality issues. The Iwata was the first airbrush I bought after getting back in to the art. Any accidents I have had damaging needles would have bent any needle on the market, so to me the hardness of the metal doesn't matter much.

Anyway, I'd say that damn near everyone on this forum who has bought a Krome loves it.

Let me apologize for stating it was $100, just checked a website "webairbruses.com" and it lists the krome for $194. I was going by the listing mentioned in an earlier post on amazon. I'm still considering nonetheless.

I got mine for around $130, it's probably the lower end of the price scale.

Found the fix for the non adjustable trigger on the evolution. The adjustable trigger mechanism from the infinity fits the AL Plus, and probably the CR Plus also.

ade4ysan.jpg

u3ype9e8.jpg

umesyba4.jpg

i still swear i saw the krome last night it said one left and it was 101.00 if i had it in my account i would have bought it straight away

Back