Late intro

J

Janos

Hello All,
I am from Hungary, and I am 'collecting' Airbrushes for a while now. While I bought my first Airbrush 17 years ago, never had enough time practicing it. Thankfully my life has changed a bit, and I started to learn more about airbrushing. I paint resin figures, plastic models.
I have 'collected' so far
-2 Sil-Air compressors
- Iwata HP-CS, HP-SBS, CMC+ v1
- Olympos SP-C
- Rich AS-2
- TS Vega1000
- HS Infinity
- some cheap chines airbrushes
My favorite is the Iwata Eclipse series, a real indestructible workhorse. A big disappointment was the HS Infinity /sold already/. I invested into a Createx/AirCom paint booth , but was not happy with it so ended with DIY one.
My favorite paints for Airbrush are the solvent based acrylics /like Mr Hobby, Tamiya/. I do not have good results with water based acrylics /Vallejo etc/, which I would like to change. I am planning to give a try to Liquitex, Golden paints and mediums. Any help about acrylic mediums I highly appreciate.

Welcome from Australia,
nice collection that you have so far. When you get chance post up some pics of what you have done so far.

Welcome from the UK. Sounds like you have a bunch of equipement to try out! Why not Post some pictures of the collection too? We’re all a little nosey LOL.

Welcome to the forum! What didn't you like about the Infinity?
Thank you.
I had the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS /0,35 mm/ for years, and was very happy with it in general. Regardless how much I have abused the Eclipse, cleaned it in a rush ,never needed to replace the nozzle, needle. Than I got an Infinity /2x the cost of the Eclipse/, hoping that a 0,15 / 0,2 mm setup will bring me the fine lines, I was missing from the Eclipse. I really treated the Infinity with care, but was still bending the needle on a weekly basis. Few months later the coating from the Infinity' handle started to wear of. Sure it was finer setup than the 0,35 Eclipse, but still felt soft to me. Actually I did not see any difference between the 0,15 mm and the 0,2 mm nozzle on the Infinity / I use lacquers and acrylics/. I ended up buying more Iwata's /HP-SBS, CMC+/ and stopped using the Infinity.
I am not saying that the Infinity is bad, it is just not for me.

Back