Leaking Air Issue

P

PaintThrower

How's it going? I have a Badger Patriot 105, That is leaking air from the main body (the hole that pushes air over the needle) when the trigger is not depressed. I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction to correct this issue I have searched this forum and google and cannot find a solution. I am thinking that this is due to a bad o-ring for the plunger. Could another seal cause this or maybe something wrong internally in the body of the airbrush? I just want to make sure before I aimlessly start buying parts I appreciate any help

Thank You

the o ring can be damaged but it can also be as simple as a little paint preventing the plunger from going all the way back, just get the plunger out and check for damage on the o ring or dried paint inside the airvalve

Normally easy enuf fixed..like ron said, plungers prob just sticking..If its leaking out of the actual body? I assume you mean around the edge of the valve? If its leaking there a simple nip up will likely stop it..IE If you turn your airbrush on and air is coming out the side of your gun (nothing touched with the triggr..) Nip it up as over time hoses can loosen it or when you put it back on you don't do so tight enough. Take the valve off the gun..Sit it is some really hot water for about 4-5 minutes..Just of the boil water. When the water is cool enuf to stick your hands in..repeatedly activate the valve whilst underwater..Pull it out activate in a blow through it from every dirction you can..Back in the water and agitate the trigger some more..Dry it off a bit and activate it whilst no longer in the water, keep blowing occasionally. Add a drop or two of spit, pnuematic oil if you have some or occasionally I'll use the lightest dab of dishwashing liquid..(Which all gets a good blow out once the guns attached again) Place it back on the gun, make sure its firm and then test again..If your still having an issue, you'll then know its likely a oring issue and a new plunger may be needed..9/10 the above process will fix the issue and even helps swell out the orings slightly again due to the heat and the water..but not enough to interfere unless you accidently soak it in thinners..Done that before LOL..Thats why I now taste all clear fluids in case ones thinners ;) LOL

Thank you for your help, that was what I was assuming. I just wanted to make sure. I got it fixed it had a little bit of gummed up lube that was making the trigger stick

the o ring can be damaged but it can also be as simple as a little paint preventing the plunger from going all the way back, just get the plunger out and check for damage on the o ring or dried paint inside the airvalve

That was my thought, too, sticky plunger in the air valve, strip it down and have a look its an easy job.

Lee

Back