Leopard

I hear ya brother. My white is always the toughest to use. I like what your planning on doing next. I have had to start over on two to three of my pics and of course the white works great for covering up my entire picture just not when I am using it for detail. LOL Hang in there!

Sorry to hear that you messed up the leopard with the textures. White is the hardest color to spray details usualy. You also suffer more from tip dry when you are using white.
I found out its alot of differents between the whites from different brands. Most whites have to be thinned down for details, but then you have the problem again that it wont cover so good anymore.
Its a pain in the butt for sure lol

Yeah, I'm going to try and strain the white, because I do get alot of build up and tip dry. But I started to get better at it. It seems white takes alot more practice and patient the using black.

I still haven't used any other colors beside black and white. I need to give the color wheel a go.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ega5ge
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have been doing alot with stencils,. I needed to get back to freehand. Also, I have a projector now which is a life saver. So I thought is give the leopard another go. On 14x11 Bristol paper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354741388.480234.jpg

Just started her.

Dylan

Off to a nice start. Looks like it's a slow one with lots of detail. I have been wanting to get a projector. How do you like it and what kind do you recommend?

dont look like youre too much outta practice!!! Looks good so far

It looks good.If you don't like it.Just white it out and redo it.Its in shadow.

Ok, so I started this Dec. 5th, finally made some time to airbrush again, started with the white portion of the project. I think the eyes turned out well, not sure about the white fur, the small dagger strokes. I think it took me an hour just on that small portion. Does it look ok, this is my 2nd or 3 rd attempt at the leopard, I haven't felt great about the white fur. Let me know what y'all think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361497855.259156.jpg

Dylan

thats looking brilliant! The eyes are fantastic! The white fur is looking good to but dont judge yourself too soon wait and when you've covered more with the fur it will be easier to see how it will turn out! I cant wit to see it finished

Ok, so I started this Dec. 5th, finally made some time to airbrush again, started with the white portion of the project. I think the eyes turned out well, not sure about the white fur, the small dagger strokes. I think it took me an hour just on that small portion. Does it look ok, this is my 2nd or 3 rd attempt at the leopard, I haven't felt great about the white fur. Let me know what y'all think.
View attachment 11183

Dylan

This is all done freehand? You are not erasing or scratching? It is coming out great. keep going.

Hey Dylan, I think it is coming along real nice. You can definitely see how much more control you have with your airbrush from the last attempt at this leopard. I see you have also got that white working with you instead of against ya! Looking forward to seeing more on this one!!

Thanks guys, it's done free hand, no stencils or scraping. I have yet to try the scraping. A lot more work to do.

Dylan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362342050.555831.jpg
Here is a little white added to the leopard. I think I went. Little long on his chin hair. But oh we'll. thoughts or concerns please post.

Dylan

Looking fantastic Looking forward to seeing this one completed cause your acing it so far :)

Back