Light layers

synthetic paper needs a paint with solvents in it even if it is just a little , Etac paints and modifiers dont contain any solvents and should not be used on synthetic paper it will stick for a while but there is no telling for how long .

synthetic paper needs a paint with solvents in it even if it is just a little , Etac paints and modifiers dont contain any solvents and should not be used on synthetic paper it will stick for a while but there is no telling for how long .
Disappearing art. Good to know. I will be finishing up my other piece with my CI with Golden airbrush medium and reducer. This is to see if I can make it work so I don't trash it all. I mainly bought the ETac for working on gessoed boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name Etac is short for Ethyl Acetate which is an organic solvent. Used as a mild solvent which smells fruity kinda like bubblegum, kinda why Etac smells so nice and not sure sometimes whether to eat it or paint with it LOL.

I painted my PP with CI black and white. The ability to get a light layer with just black was excellent and that was straight black reduced 3 drops of 4012 to 1 drop of paint. You could mix black with white to get a grey which would make it easier to make a light layer, or as the other have said mix with clear to create a more transparent black.

Lee

I played with Createx Illustration last night and I only started liking the value when I got to a 1:10 (paint:reducer) but by then it was too thin. I will play more where I use base instead of just reducer.

I'll start a new Cameron and this time I have sprayed Createx intercoat i think it's called. Just to see if i can make the paint spider less on the foamcore board.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Why does I get a line when I want a nice smoothe shadow?? I know, trigger control. But it's hard. No retreat no surrender [emoji1591]
87abeb51fd2156bf62304bdcac37486e.jpg

less pressure and trigger control will give you a smooth shadow , when I am lazy I use my paint straight out the bottle but I admit it takes knowing your airbrush inside out and trigger control as there is no room for error if your paint is not extreme transparent

Why does I get a line when I want a nice smoothe shadow?? I know, trigger control. But it's hard. No retreat no surrender [emoji1591]
87abeb51fd2156bf62304bdcac37486e.jpg

Reduce a little more or add more distance to the stroke..most peeps paint way to close to the canvas, especially for portrait work..Good luck.

Rebel beat me to it, I was going to suggest pulling back from the surface as it give a wider more suffused spray pattern.

All part of the horrible process the call 'learning'
It will be frustrating for a little while, then you'll do something and think 'wow' or realise you're not thinking about what your doing and just doing it.. both are signs that you're progressing

As always, the answer is clear as day when you see it [emoji851], height, thank you all. Now back to the brush. [emoji854]

Back