For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Line drawings of hair

Discussion in 'Airbrush References!' started by Smiler65, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Smiler65

Smiler65 Detail Decepticon!

Your so right grant,
    Everyone can blame Malky now when they get their paint pals, everyone will be getting hairdo's from melol
  2. Smiler65

Cheques in the post:whistling:
  3. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I think not being able to see that grin is the only downside, but I know what I looked and felt like with my first success so I have pretty good idea.

And you can do whatever you feel like doing, as I said you've got the tools now, and no homework today young man, you have a gold star and you have earned the rest of the day off, so feel free to go and play on the swings with your pals;) OH and that apple was deliciouslol
  4. Smiler65

No downside here, that's easy to sort:thumbsup: the rest of the day is cleaning my kit up;)
    image.jpg
    musicmacd and Madbrush like this.
  5. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Yep, I think we can safely that our Smiler is living up to his name, lol and you've just given photographic evidence proving you didn't cheat and sneak it onto a piece of A3:thumbsup:

Are you gong to finish of the mush, if you do I'll post mine, how's that, although in the interests of avoiding a definite ban for cruelty to art I may sneak a little more detail into mine;)
  6. Smiler65

I wasn't going to finish any further, but I can if you wish to, won't be today though as I've cleaned up and packed up. I'm working away for a couple of days so will do it when I get back.:thumbsup: I don't know if I want to post it next to yours, that will truelly show mine up:eek:
    No A3 mate it's 7x5 with a funny lens on my pad making it look biggerlol
    It's A4 Bristol paper, coated in Matt varnish with Etac sepia and done with my Cm-sb.
  7. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

No mate you don't have to finish it, it has done what it was intended to do so I would say just have fun with your next project:thumbsup:
  8. Smiler65

I'm up for it, I just had to remove the paint from here arm as I was using that area to clear my tip out so it all good ready to go:thumbsup:
    image.jpg
  9. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

You the man :thumbsup: now I'll have to go and clean mine up a bito_O:)
  10. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Job well done : )
    so where's this mysterious tutorial that you did @Madbrush ? and why aren't you sharing
  11. grantmartin850

grantmartin850 Detail Decepticon!

We might have to change smiler's name to cheezer
    JackEb likes this.
  12. Smiler65

I had actually done the whole painting just as he's doing here, my intention was to put it on the main forum for everyone to see but I was embarrassed by the rest of the painting and didn't dare, I didn't spend too much time on the face and body since the main purpose was to explain the process I use to create the hair:confused: but I did tell Smiler I would do the same painting again in the near future and spend the time on it I should have, then I promise to put it up:thumbsup:

If you read a few post back on page 4 you will see that he is going to be putting it up soon, and why he didn't with this one:thumbsup:
    JackEb likes this.
  13. Smiler65

Really!
    grantmartin850 likes this.
  14. grantmartin850

grantmartin850 Detail Decepticon!

Couldn't help myself smiler
  15. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Well Mr @Smiler65 sir, here is mine as promised.

Bear in mind peeps, this is just something I threw together in order to explain the process I used to create the hair for Gary personally, I didn't spend anywhere near the time I would have liked to to create a better painting, I have a sort of commission to do and when that's done I'll revisit this and do a full SBS on the whole thing and post it for everyone to see, that's a promise :):thumbsup:

20150901_155741.jpg

P.S. I plan to ask the customer of the commission I'm doing for permission to post the progress pics, if they are OK with that then that will be subject of the SBS, it has more complex hair and would probably benefit more people as a result:thumbsup:
    JackEb likes this.
  16. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

Looks good MB, smiler have you done the cameron mono tutorial?? Theres a lot of hair in that
  17. Smiler65

Nice one Malky , I will get mine finished by the weekend and post it up, but looking at yours I might need to redo mine:oops:
    yours looks a lot smoother and finer than my attempt.

Yes mate twice, if you want a laugh there in my gallery, I might re visit it in the future but after finishing this one I want to concentrate on my tiger pic,then DO ;)some detail work on a portrait along with some hair.:thumbsup:
    Madbrush likes this.
  18. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

Nothing wrong with that, i done it four times in as many days lol but i did see the difference, i was trying to do a portrait today that ive already started three times since last week, gonna be four now after the bollix with brush today