For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Looking For a Indian Ref.

Discussion in 'Airbrush References!' started by RebelAir, Aug 3, 2014.

1. jgny1

jgny1 Mac-Valve Maestro!

Now that's funny...lol
  2. Visual Realm

Visual Realm Skull King Very Likeable!

They can haunt me though Lol
  3. NaamaEnkeli

NaamaEnkeli Double Actioner

Again, a direct attack on me when I try to defend the original artists ?!
    You got a very fine skull paintings, and some of them artistic ideas. How would you feel if someone steals your artistic ideas and take on all the glory. I am a victim of art theft and that is why I made a point to defend the others.
    Now the issue is the choice of the reference image, and why choose to have someone else already painted work of art, when you can select a photo?
  4. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

I didnt know you could alter image size in search i usually check size of them all lol cheers Justin another fine piece of info
  5. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

I think you need another hobby Naama, have you ever heard the saying if you have nothing good to say, say nothing, it seems that your being a bit antagonising on purpose
    Immortal Concepts and twood like this.
  6. Visual Realm

Put the spoon away, you already stirred the pot. I really dont care what your view is. All of us are here to learn, thats what the term "reference" means. We use it as a tool to learn, not to rip off others work. Yes there are some that do that, but they are not respectful artists like everyone is on here. For you to act like a sheriff on the matter is way out of line as you only have been here a short while. So you really dont have a clue how this forum works or operates as a whole. You act like we know nothing about copyright issues. Well we are a little more informed as you think. Ive used quite a few images that could be deemed copyrights, but at the end of the day, i only use them as a tool for me to emulate certain texture, techniques to further my skills and memory for my original stuff, not to stuff my pockets with money off someone elses hard work. Thats low in my book. I also know a lot of photographers that love it when i paint something of theirs. They enjoy the recreation in another media form. And of course if im able to ask them if i can use their work as a reference, i do. I have respect. I also respect it when other on here like a piece i did, and want to give it a shot, i encourage it, cause really they are just wanting to learn and further their skills. I think its awesome to have someone with a drive to learn and want to use your work. Alot of my stuff is practice, cause to get good, you gotta practice.
  7. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

Right, first off.....rebel isn't looking for a photo of someone elses work....he is looking for a decent reference picture of a very very old photo.......reading this thread I have seen no "direct attack", merely a bit of light hearted piss taking which is the norm.

We do try to keep this place as tidy, friendly and non abusive asd possible but we also like a laugh. Antagonistic behaviour will be looked upon the same as threatening or unquestionable abusive language.....thank you please
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    NaamaEnkeli and matty171 like this.
  8. ad fez

And for anyone that does want to be cleaner than clean, set google search preferences to creative commons.....you can do whatever the hell you like with them
    Visual Realm likes this.
  9. Visual Realm

He started it dad!! Lol I mean no abuse or anything like that, but im quick to call out any disrespect which was obvious in the POM calender thread. But in a debate style manner, I mean no harm in anything I say, but we do have the right to opinions if they are valid. As i respect the respect of others hard work. But we shouldnt have to be reminded to be respectful of others hard work cause as artists we should know that is a code to live by in this art world.

Wish i wasnt sick and stayed home from work, so i wasnt tempted by reading through all this and responding.... my bad.
  10. RebelAir

RebelAir Air-Valve Autobot!

Haha I'm with Immortal, its called a derivative work, I'll happily use others references and define the heck outta em, its called fun...LOL But always wrth Kudos going out to the original artist or photography but much portrait photography cant be considered that arty and original anyway, but hey if ya improve it or define it a fair bit, add backgrounds etc etc, it is your own painting..But I'm sure we will all stop using Google for references LOL..Maybe not, its easier but do like to steer clear of other artist works, besides photos of course..Them I'll hack away at.
  11. ad fez

alot of mine i actually get from 123rf, so all bought and paid for.....
  12. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Enough art theft .. Sorry I do not really see anything you have posted yet that I would want to copy.
    On the subject of American Indians , Before the American Indians wars there were only drawing and artist sketches of them. No Photos
    So any picture you find of the early chiefs are all copies of earlier works of other artist.
    I think by you preaching about it so much that everyone knows your thoughts on it and are tired of hearing it on every piece of art that is posted.
    This is not an attack on you . It has nothing to do with you . this is about learning and sharing what we learn.
    Has Rebel painted it yet? No
    Has he claimed it as his own? No
    so this is the last time this subject will be seen in a thread .

Google translate:D
    Tarpeeksi art varkaus .. Valitettavasti en todellakaan näe mitään olet lähettänyt vielä, että haluaisin kopioida.
    Aiheesta Amerikan intiaanit, ennen Amerikan intiaanit sotia vasta piirustus ja taiteilijan luonnoksia niitä. ei valokuvia
    Joten minkä tahansa kuvan löydät alun päälliköt ovat kaikki kopiot aiemmista teoksistaan muiden taiteilija.
    Mielestäni sinun saarnaa siitä niin paljon, että jokainen tietää ajatuksesi siitä ja ovat kyllästyneet kuulemaan sen jokaisen taideteoksen, joka on lähetetty.
    Tämä ei ole hyökkäys sinua. Sillä ei ole mitään tekemistä sinun kanssasi. tämä on oppimista ja jakamista, mitä opimme.
    Onko Rebel maalasi sen vielä? ei
    Onko hän väitti sen omakseen? ei
    joten tämä on viimeinen kerta tätä aihetta nähdään thread
  13. Immortal Concepts

Immortal Concepts Detail Decepticon!

I don't think anyone was attacking, you just took it that way. A lot of us have had our art stolen. I've had show cars I've done that pictures have surfaced on websites claiming they painted it to draw more business to them. Tons of pros get their stuff stolen on a daily basis. Almost all artists, including world famous use references. Some take their own photos cause they have the luxury to do so. If you aren't mass producing a copy of a photograph, I see no harm done. I'm pretty sure no one except a few geniuses could paint a realistic indian from their head. If this is theft then a mojority of art should be burned then. For example the tutorial on here for Cameron diaz, you think he went to her house and asked to take a picture? Many artists such as Dru Blair mostly paint from pictures for realism. Tattoo artists, digital artists etc always use reference for real world things. All of these old native american photos are way past any kind of statue of limitations on copyright and wouldn't hold up in court. Unless you are making tons of money off of something, a judge would just laugh at you and tell you to stop wasting his time. I guess all the harley davidson logos and realistic portraits of people I've done over the years means I should be locked up and the keys thrown away. Let this die, no feelings should be involved in this. Many of us "pros" here have years of experience with what we can or cannot paint. Following your logic, most of us should be damned for doing a Harley logo or a hok logo.
  14. NaamaEnkeli

NaamaEnkeli Double Actioner

Big apology to all! Where in this thread I'm about to seriously infringe someone.
    Could you please read my post again in this topic and explain what evil I have said?
  15. ad fez

Its not evil infringement naama, but I will say publicly that the comments within this thread and those in another thread have offended some people... especially comments regarding the quality of peoples art in relation to the calender. This has been mentioned in another thread so I won't go on......but to second what micron has said.....this will be the final time this topic will be talked about, reference be made to it, language or accusation being made which may cause offence, and also the final time a warning about such things be given....we are a friendly peaceful bunch without drama, always have been always wil be, if you like to "shake the tree" thats cool, just not in our forest
    matty171 and twood like this.
  16. ad fez

Lets not mention anymore and instead move forward in the positive encouraging supportive manner to which we are accustomed
    matty171, airbrushtutor and twood like this.
  17. RebelAir

RebelAir Air-Valve Autobot!

Hahaha, nuthin is being stolen, except some peoples country's but lets focus on the important bit art LOL..Seriously, its called appropriation, been going on for century's to the point of who did what first..All that kinda doesn't bother me because I always generally change a piece up and that has nothing to do with a copyright convo, all good, if they lock me up I'll least get a warm meal and a phonecall LOLOL..So anyone find a different ref LOL
  18. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

Hi Naama - i've just PM'd you regarding this.

I second what Adam said - let's move on!

Rebel.. i've had no luck with google either.. i don't know how to do the high res trick either but i searched on 123rf.com also and found nothing :(

http://wallpaperpanda.com/american-indian-wallpaper
  19. ad fez

I've got rebels image on my comp at work I think.....I dunno what size it is and I won't be back at work till thursday of next week.....if its any good though I'll let you know
  20. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Heliotropic likes this.