For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Looking For a Indian Ref.

Discussion in 'Airbrush References!' started by RebelAir, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Heliotropic

Heliotropic Needle-chuck Ninja

Nice find. I'm gonna bookmark this for when I get the skill to do one.
    Mr.Micron likes this.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Ain't no when you get the skill, it is just do one. Push yourself .
    if you can do dots, daggers fades and blends you can do this.
    But the only way to get better is to just go for it and you never know you may even surprise yourself:D
    I knew I had this booked marked but I did not have it here at work ...LOL but now I do :D
    splasha and Heliotropic like this.
  3. RebelAir

RebelAir Air-Valve Autobot!

Cheerz Herb, some good ones in there by the looks..Cheerz m8

And yer lets stop chatting copyright, its my thread and if i can't be arguing also then its no fun Hehehe but I do love immortal this comment-

Then you go on to explain where all the pros get their references and it seems much the same LOLOL..Seriously though its simple, use a photograph, change it up a bit, no copyright has been infringed, you can also use anothers artwork as 9/10 they have also used an non-original or owned image. Some need to study the term art appropriation. Use sites as mentioned to get royalty free images and yes Google will find those images too in Google search tools or take a photo or work from thumbnail sketches. I do avoid very well known images but sometimes I may need too, often I'll use 2-3 references for the same piece so I can "make up" things I can't see in the original..But before anyone on any site starts a chat on copyright, they need to actually know the laws of copyright first and copyright isn't something most artist needs to worry about, except those maybe painting on the high end and replicating a photo exactly, that IS copyright so for those that do study realism, like the Dru Blairs, and if they ain't being chased, do you think you will..Taking something though someone else has designed and selling it as your own is wrong and immoral, I have never, ever seen someone here do that on a grand scale, selling that one piece I have no issue with, printing a thousand of them I do, so not much to argue about except knowing your law and the difference between copyright and trademark law, as trademark law is much more strigent yet we see that reproduced daily..But cheerz for the fun read, I'm sure I'll find something I can copy....A bit anyway LOL.LOL
    twood likes this.
  4. Greg Geilman

Greg Geilman Detail Decepticon!

I know this is more than a tad late and a lot smaller than the OP was wanting, but this is a pic of one of my wife's distant cousins and a speaker of the Cherokee Tribe back in S.C. They wear far different headdresses speaker.jpg than the plains indians.