For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Looking for a program for cropping & sizing

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Lt4-396, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Lt4-396

Lt4-396 Gravity Guru

Like the title says I'm looking for a program that makes it easy to size an image.
    Say I find a pic on the Internet but want to paint it in a A3 or A2 size, how do you go about resizing the image. Perfect example is the airbrushtutor cameron tutorial and how he took a regular picture and made it A2.
    Currently I am just cropping an image into pieces and printing and it is all trial and error.

I know I could bring it somewhere but if there was a way to do it at home I would prefer that.
    Paid programs aren't out of the question but would prefer a free version. I am using the new surface pro (2017 edition).

So without a lightbox/projector or bringing your picture to a store to have it blown up how do you resize your pictures?

TIA
  2. Ronald art

Ronald art Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I use photoshop but you need to pay for that program , Gimp is much like photoshop and is for free and a members on here can tell you all about it .
    in both programs you can change the size of a image but I find it is easier with photoshop
  3. Lt4-396

Lt4-396 Gravity Guru

If anyone if fluent in gimp please let me know how to do this.
    Ive been playing around in gimp for the last few mins, seems like a really good program but also seems very complicated.
  4. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Check out some youtube tutorials on gimp. The most recent gimp also has a great instruction set. I wouldn't call myself fluent by any stretch of the imagination but I've managed a reasonable manipulation using the various guides.
  5. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Rasterbater is goodand free.tee are also a few online resizers but rasterbater is easy to use an outputs to PDF for easy printing.

Lee
  6. Vince Driver

Vince Driver Gravity Guru

block posters.com Used it a couple times. Not bad.
  7. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

Just remember, no matter which program you sue, if you increase size, you loose quality. You will need a very good quality picture if you are planning to increase the size before it starts looking bad. I do not use images lower than full HD quality.
    Vince Driver likes this.