Looking for a proper airbrush

CHÉRIE

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hey guys :p

SO I am getting highly irritated with my stupid cheap airbrush, it does the job but I end up having to try fix it all the time and it's gotten to the point where I don't know if I am stuffing up or if my airbrush is, so I definitely think its time for a better quality airbrush! :D

I only know gravity feeder airbrushes, so I think I will stick to that, I see most of you swear by Iwata :p I can get that and I can get Aircraft. I don't have a high budget for it, so I will probably go for entry level for now, especially if it's the Iwata, Aircraft I can probably go a bit higher than the entry level.

So my question is, would you suggest getting an entry level Iwata, or a higher level Aircraft?

My mind tends to go towards the Iwata, just because of the amount of people who love and swear by that brand, and I really want a airbrush that will last me a good few years, but I'm not sure if the entry level Iwata will give that to me? :)

ANY advice will be awesome! :D

These people don't know what "Aircraft" is. they are only available in South Africa but in other countries they have many different names.

I will never recommend them. I don't care if you can get the finest of the fine detail and they work super smooth. Someday the distributor is going to get fed up and stop bringing them in and then you are stuck without spares.

Price is an issue. Our money is worth nothing and you will pay for quality. I will not recommend anything less than the Iwata Eclipse. If you buy locally it will set you back R3000 (over $200) but if you import yourself you can get it for less than R2000.

These people don't know what "Aircraft" is. they are only available in South Africa but in other countries they have many different names.

I will never recommend them. I don't care if you can get the finest of the fine detail and they work super smooth. Someday the distributor is going to get fed up and stop bringing them in and then you are stuck without spares.

Price is an issue. Our money is worth nothing and you will pay for quality. I will not recommend anything less than the Iwata Eclipse. If you buy locally it will set you back R3000 (over $200) but if you import yourself you can get it for less than R2000.
Hahaha I wasn't sure if Aircraft was SA brand or not, and where do I import it from? :)

Hahaha I wasn't sure if Aircraft was SA brand or not, and where do I import it from? :)

From the UK it will cost the same as here and you still need to ship it. Coast Airbrush in the US will be less than R2000 but that excludes shipping.

From the UK it will cost the same as here and you still need to ship it. Coast Airbrush in the US will be less than R2000 but that excludes shipping.
Do you have any idea how much the shipping will cost? I'm on the site now and I see it's $119 for the airbrush :)

Iwata Eclipse CS - Refurbished Class Brush (Is that the brush?)

That is the used one that they make nice again and sell. They offer full warranty on those and they are as good as new. But they do have the CS that is not rebuild that goes for more.

That is the used one that they make nice again and sell. They offer full warranty on those and they are as good as new. But they do have the CS that is not rebuild that goes for more.
Ok I found the new one :) thank you!

Two of mine I've found on Ebay for less than R1200. I was just lucky that they were in 100% working condition because if not, it can cost you more than a new one at the end of the day.

Two of mine I've found on Ebay for less than R1200. I was just lucky that they were in 100% working condition because if not, it can cost you more than a new one at the end of the day.
Would you suggest I rather stick to new? I wouldn't know what to look for in it to make sure it will be in good working order?
And will this brush last me quite a long time?

Would you suggest I rather stick to new? I wouldn't know what to look for in it to make sure it will be in good working order?
And will this brush last me quite a long time?
There are a few who I would buy off second hand (my micron was a second hand brush) but if you can buy new do so.

Yip, go new. It does not matter what the outside looks like, it's the inside. So it might look brand new but the needle and nozzle could be bent.

You cant go wrong with an hp-Cs eclipse. I struggled for ages before I got one, then everything became so much easier. Its an awesome brush.

You cant go wrong with an hp-Cs eclipse. I struggled for ages before I got one, then everything became so much easier. Its an awesome brush.
I definitely can't wait to get it then! I'm so sick of battling with mine now! :p

For many it's their first 'proper' brush and there workhorse years down the track when they have multiple 'proper' brushes. You won't regret it

For many it's their first 'proper' brush and there workhorse years down the track when they have multiple 'proper' brushes. You won't regret it
With the amount of good things I have heard from this brand I am sure I won't :D

I got my new airbrush!!!! Was able to find the iwata eclipse for a good price here in SA :D
Now before I start using it, I just want to find out the proper way of cleaning it. I'm worried the way I do it will damage it. After every session I strip my airbrush and completely flush it out with water and windowlene (I use water based paint). Will this be bad for my airbrush now? I don't want to damage it! But also don't want it to constantly clog up :)

Back