For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Looking for design ideas on decoration i made

Discussion in 'Pinstriping' started by Van, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Van

Van Young Tutorling

Hey guys... first post. Anyway, I have been trying to learn pinstriping for a while and my "layin lines" is getting a little better but my design skills still suck. Actually now that i think about it, my layin lines still sucks too but oh well ha ha.

I have made a little piece to hang on the wall in my shop of parts from an old hot rod AMC Gremlin X that my Daddy had. I want to add some pinstriping to it (maybe 2 or 3 colors) but i would like some suggestions for the design. Something fairly simple.

Can someone take a look at it and give me some ideas please? Also, please let me know if its ok to do a direct copy of your work on this one piece (not mass producing anything to sell here).

I still have to polish up the chrome of course.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Hi Van, welcome from the uk. I have had a little dabble with striping myself though I am in no way any good at it lol. I find scrollwork to be a bit easier though, so a simple little scroll pattern in a couple of colours would look sweet on there I think. Just search for a design. There has been lots of talk around here about copyright over the years, and it seems to be an unwritten rule that if something is for private use, and not for making money it's ok. However if you can get hold of the original designer and ask then it's the polite thing to do.

I have only said no to someone once for something I designed, because I had it displayed at shows as a one off original design. But most things are derivative of something else somewhere along the line. And with pinstriping the basics are all very similar so I think it would be fine.
  3. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA Quick Draw !! Staff Member Mod

Have a look at some of the work by Kafka or of course Von Dutch, they both have some great style and ideas.

Can you also poop along to the intro section and say Hi as well? Let us know a bit about you and your background in airbrush/pinstripping. Here is the link.

http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/